Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...d_year=2007&start_year=1981&lang=en&cardist=5

I'm looking into trading in my G35 for this car. Under $23K, not to many miles. Love my G35 to death, but with college, I could save a TON of money by trading in my G35 (near perfect condition, KBB puts it just over $13K trade-in... :()

Anyway, whatchya guys think of that GTO? I've always loved GTO's, and actually recently test-drove a modified LS2 power one (it had exhaust/intake and wheels/tires... not sure if it had headers) but at the time (and still is) way out of my price range.

The 04 I know is 350 HP, but the newer 400-HP ones aren't in my price-range. What would you suggest I do... hold off a few years until I have enough $$ to get a new, LS2-powered one or trade my G35 in for an 04? Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
FYI, I bought my 04 with 21,000 mi for 18,900 from a Chevy dealer, although they tried extra hard to get me behind the wheel (was originally for 22,000) You can get a better price than that.

I absolutely love my 04. I've test-driven an LS2, and there is very little difference in the power from behind the wheel between the two. If you can't wait, definitely go for an 04 and you'll save money. Plus the LS1 is easily modifiable to put it past the 400HP mark.

Those G35's are beautiful cars!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
ChiefyGTO said:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...d_year=2007&start_year=1981&lang=en&cardist=5

I'm looking into trading in my G35 for this car. Under $23K, not to many miles. Love my G35 to death, but with college, I could save a TON of money by trading in my G35 (near perfect condition, KBB puts it just over $13K trade-in... :()

Anyway, whatchya guys think of that GTO? I've always loved GTO's, and actually recently test-drove a modified LS2 power one (it had exhaust/intake and wheels/tires... not sure if it had headers) but at the time (and still is) way out of my price range.

The 04 I know is 350 HP, but the newer 400-HP ones aren't in my price-range. What would you suggest I do... hold off a few years until I have enough $$ to get a new, LS2-powered one or trade my G35 in for an 04? Thanks!
For God's sake, hold off!

How does the math work on saving a TON of money when your trade is worth 13K, and the car you want is 18K?

The G35 is a great car. Let it get you through college.

·
Registered
5 Posts
04 is ok

Hey, I just bought an 04 m6 and am very happy with it. It has a Magnaflow cat back with a K&N filter in the factory box. I drove a few of the 6.0L. It was what I really wanted, but with two teenagers and a mortgage it will do for now. The o4 is still plenty fun to drive and the price was right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!

i just bought a barely used 2005 GTO, 2k miles (yeah thats right only two thousand miles), for only 23.9k, from a dealer. i traded in a used up 2003 nissan 350z, and got a payment and insurance that was under what i was paying for the Z.

upgraded in cars and downgraded in cash. you can do the same with the g35.
SHOP AROUND!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Guy down the road from me has his priced at 19500, not sure the miles. This sounds kind of high, what you're looking at. If you're in college, the insurance and gas might be harder on the wallet too. I assume you've done the math on those. Probably best to wait and find a better deal than the one you are looking at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.