Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive got an 06 black gto the interior panels light up green and i was thinking about installing a new a new one with some aux or ipod connecters. But i wanna keep it looking nice and dont wanna offset the look on the inside and make it look like ****, can anyone suggest a good stereo system or gimmie pics of theirs?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looking at the JVC KWHDR720 for 140$ but i cant find any place near to install under 120$ that includes the harness and faceplate, would it be worth it to get it professionaly done for 120? thats nearly the cost of the dang stereo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
$100-125 is pretty typical around here. That's what I paid. I wouldn't go too cheap, you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I swapped out the HU, added XM and kept my Steering Wheel Controls.

I've got a Pioneer Z110BT upgraded to the Z130BT Software.

Granted that system is a full navigation system and isn't cheap but it works, fits and looks good.

·
Registered
457 Posts
All depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.

Pioneer AVH-3300BT will do pretty much everything you want, and then some, at a decent price.

Do the install yourself. I'm not mechanically or electrically inclined but got it done without killing the car.

I'll post up pics of my HU when I finish getting the stupid DDin
kit to line up with the dash right. :mad:

·
Registered
76 Posts
The 3300 is nice and great bang for the buck. I wanted the 7" though and don't care about bluetooth so I went with the Pioneer AVH P4300DVD. Downside is Bluetooth is extra so I don't have it, and its another $100 for the steering wheel controls to work. Looks so clean and nice though. USB, SD card, Ipod cord, cd/dvd/mp3. $325 new off ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
My 3300BT. They are being replaced with the 3400BH.

The Metra Axxess SWI is $38 on Amazon.
I got the XM Module for $90.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts