Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I need to buy a 65 Tempest hood (flat hood, no scoop), there are a bunch of companies selling them online but the prices range from the $350's to the $700's, is there a recommended company that people know that the product is of good quality?

Thanks,
Vito

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Hi Folks,
I need to buy a 65 Tempest hood (flat hood, no scoop), there are a bunch of companies selling them online but the prices range from the $350's to the $700's, is there a recommended company that people know that the product is of good quality?

Thanks,
Vito
Why not simply get the factory fit and one you can trust by buying an original used 1965 Tempest hood? Aftermarket hoods from what I read, never seem to be quite right in one way or another and you may have to do some modifying.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
There are no steel repos of the '65-66-67 flat hood. There is ONLY one stamped steel reproduction of the '65-66-67 GTO hood. it's a decent reproduction. Many catelogue and internet site based sellers. If you want a nice used flat steel hood, note where in the country you live, and most likely, can fwd the name of a long time local Pontiac vendor that might have one. Want a fiberglass hood, looking at Glasstek or VFN. VFN can supply either pin on lightweight race hood or a stronger bolt-on version of the flat hood or the GTO hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts