Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was about a month ago when I first got the GTO it was basically a race starting from 20. I was actually expecting to get killed because I helped turn the wrenches and tune the civic. His car.

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback
B18 w.30mm bore
8.5.1 compression forged pistons with Eagle Rods
Stage 3 Toda Boost Cams
T60bb Turbo (running 22psi)
Custom intake manifold
3" catless exhaust
LSD Transmission
Kevlar Exeedy Clutch
Custom made torque dampers
Custom Tune
"No slicks"

My car:

2004 A4 GTO Stock

From the roll of 20 we were both at a decent power launch. I did launch and take a quick lead but as soon as his turbo spooled up he was off. At the time I hit 100 he was about 2 1/2 cars ahead of me. Yeah I got spanked but could have been worse if it were on a track and he had slicks it would have been much worse. Just goes to show that you have to expect the unexpected.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very aware of that :) I didn't say that he would always have a faster car then me just for now.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I got my ass kicked in my 90 454 SS and my 99 Vette by Hondas. The worst was a NA-naturally aspurated civic with a K motor, he ran 8.20's in the 1/8th. Other 2 were turbo'd and ran 7.80's. That's fast, don't overlook the Honda's. My 99 Vette went 8.64 stock, 90 454 SS goes 8.80s (work truck). No disgrace in getting beat by a honda that runs 12.0s. I never raced my 400 70 Lemans or 66 389 Lemans, but they are way slower than the vette or truck, and both run strong...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news guys ordered the extra parts I need to drop in my N02 EFI wet kit (65 shot) and headers. Already have my TB and Map sensor ready to go. Jsut need to get a few bucks for exhaust and then have it tunned.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Good news guys ordered the extra parts I need to drop in my N02 EFI wet kit (65 shot) and headers. Already have my TB and Map sensor ready to go. Jsut need to get a few bucks for exhaust and then have it tunned.
Your going only with a 65 shot

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Some of those japanese machines are insane. I've seen one that wound up super high like a Formula 1 car. I don't know where they get the money...

Unfortunately most are just winged grocery getters with too many stickers for parts they don't have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a turbo honda..............................until i find the right Goat and then its upgrade time. Theres a guy arond here that has a civic hatch that runs with C6 Z06's

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nice death. No shame in losing to a well built, modded car. No matter the make or cylinder count. Theres a few civics running at Atco on street night that show up. Swap on the slicks and run 10s all night. Like the others have mentioned. A couple of turbo or a maggie will do wonders for an already quick GTO.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Most of those "quick little Hondas" are stripped down to bare bones. I can't remember the last time I saw a CRX with the dash, backseats, or carpeting still in it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well as you know there is no replacement for displacement. If your car had as much work as that little civic did there would be no competition. Case in point ... here are a couple pics of my little 4 banger NEON. This "little" neon would beat up on more than half the GTO's on this forum and when saying half I'm being modest. Offical track time is 11.5 at 121mph and that of course being from a dead stop. The neon is even more dangerous from a roll. Anyway...to the pics....

sorry, didn't mean to high jack your thread but just wanted to point out...... if you put money into anything..... ( a geo metro ) I can make it fast. Later all.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
You also have around 600+bhp too... Dont think your gonna find much that could keep up with you sir...
The one that I "surprised" was gutted hatchback with chassis bars.

I had a date with me and the guy was egging me on with his BOV.

I asked me date if I can race him and she said sure.

Let's just say that she won't let me do that again. Off course most women never experience that sorta acceleration numbers........

·
Registered
197 Posts
ok, where do they get the money. they probably still live at home and make 40 k

·
Registered
18 Posts
I could never understand why Dodge never went the extra mile making the SRT-4s AWD...
That would of been great. Because Ideally, I really wanted a STI or an EVO, just couldn't afford one. I bought my srt for 13k and then invested approx 10k total (over the past 2.5 years) which is still cheaper than a new sti or evo.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I could never understand why Dodge never went the extra mile making the SRT-4s AWD...
Probably because there wasn't a reason to add the xtra weight. The modest output of the SRT4 compared to the STI and EVO crowd would have made it an also ran. It would have added to the expense of the car too. Remeber the little skittle could be had new for under 24,000. It was 6,000 + more for an EVO or STI.

Also the SRT4 with a few mods is very competitive with an overweight overpriced EVO or STI.

The AWD hurts fuel economy too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts