Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

new here, and just bought a 04 pulse red 6mt gto. Just wanted to mention for those who are gm card holders that just today they offered an additional $3000 to the $2000 that many members got bumped up to this month for card earnings. So through the card I recieved $5000, in addition to that I recieved $5000 rebate in my region (i know this number varies by region) at 2.9% for 5 years. Anyway, just wanted to spread the word for anyone that was thinking about buying/trading....now's the time to do it if you want an 04 that is.

later guys,

Jarvis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa?!??! GM Card reps told me I could only use $1000 from my card? And this was on 11/1/04.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
PULSE04GTO said:
hi guys,

new here, and just bought a 04 pulse red 6mt gto. Just wanted to mention for those who are gm card holders that just today they offered an additional $3000 to the $2000 that many members got bumped up to this month for card earnings. So through the card I recieved $5000, in addition to that I recieved $5000 rebate in my region (i know this number varies by region) at 2.9% for 5 years. Anyway, just wanted to spread the word for anyone that was thinking about buying/trading....now's the time to do it if you want an 04 that is.

later guys,

Jarvis
UNFAIR...HAHA.. Congrats on the new purchase, man i have been throwing it around of buying one this week. I have never been offered the GM card and im pissed now to see this going on. What state are you in? Texas has the 5500 rebate... so i was wondering since you recieved 5000 rebate instead of the 5500 being offered here. im also getting offered 3 certs worth 500 each and selling the car for 500 under invoice.. so $23895.00 plus TTL.. what was your final drive out before and after TTL?

Also would someone explain why they cant give a person something more like off a GM card if you dont have one.. I mean where does that money come from? why cant they deal more with that??

Thanks.. GOOD LUCK on the new GTO.. Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
No really, they didn't give me any additional "money" on top of my GM Card, am I not understanding this correctly?

I had $1450 worth of credit but they said I could only use $1000 on this car, and you're saying they gave you an additional $3000 on top?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, maybe the card varies by region as well....i dont know. I have always been able to use $2000 per vehicle. I will try to explain exactly what i got and how i got it, here it goes: I had been throwing the idea around of trading my Grand Prix GTP for a GTO, but decided that i was going to wait til 05's came out. When i recieved this months gm card bill, I was informed that they had bumped my earnings to $2000, I only had $500 or so built up, so they added about $1500, which needed to be used by January 3rd. So, I decided to trade. The initial offer was $10300 difference with my trade, which included my $2000 gm card earnings, and my regional $5000 rebate on the gto.....so i did the deal over the phone yesterday. The salesman calls me back today and asks for my gm card number so that he could check my earnings....he then calls again, explaining the good news that gm had offered and additional $3000, which was available to qualified card holders. In the end I traded my 02 GTP for an 04 GTO for a difference of $7300.

I do not know much about this additional $3000, and what you need to qualify...i was just excited to get it. I am from South Dakota, where there are two different rebates...the western half only gets $3500 (which is where if really live), and the eastern half gets $5000. I happen to still pay rent at my previous residence which is located on the east side of the state, so used that address to get the $5000. As far as only being able to use $1000 off your gm card, i dont know how that works, i just know that i have always been able to use 2000.

Sorry for the long explanation, most of it was just rambling and probably confused people more.

later,

Jarvis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
So when they give you their GM credit, what really is happening? I do not own a GM credit card, so don't understand. Is it a ratio of your balance and interest that you have paid them and they give you a rebate on a GM car? Are they giving you a percentage "cash back" of all of your total purchases, reguardless of balance and interest paid to them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
GTO_Newbie said:
So when they give you their GM credit, what really is happening? I do not own a GM credit card, so don't understand. Is it a ratio of your balance and interest that you have paid them and they give you a rebate on a GM car? Are they giving you a percentage "cash back" of all of your total purchases, reguardless of balance and interest paid to them?

5% credit on every purchase towards a new vehicle. A real easy way to rack up the credit is to use this card as cash and then pay it off with a single check every month (interest free); I haven't carried cash for the last 4 years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
there are two gm cards. the original and the new. under the original card you can only earn 500 a year but use as much as you want on a car. under teh new card you can earn as much as you want in a year but can only use a specified amount.

we used my wifes card to get theGTO. hers is a new card. we had 900 in earnings that gm said would be worth 2000 if we bought by 1/3/5.

the other 3000 is probably a regional thing. when the rebate went from 3500 to 5500 i spoke to my cousin that works for GM. he told me he believed that was it for rebates for the year.

i jumped in because i was confident the residual was going to drop as soon as they realized I could lease/smartbuy a GTO for less than a civic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
PULSE04GTO said:
well, maybe the card varies by region as well....i dont know. I have always been able to use $2000 per vehicle. I will try to explain exactly what i got and how i got it, here it goes: I had been throwing the idea around of trading my Grand Prix GTP for a GTO, but decided that i was going to wait til 05's came out. When i recieved this months gm card bill, I was informed that they had bumped my earnings to $2000, I only had $500 or so built up, so they added about $1500, which needed to be used by January 3rd. So, I decided to trade. The initial offer was $10300 difference with my trade, which included my $2000 gm card earnings, and my regional $5000 rebate on the gto.....so i did the deal over the phone yesterday. The salesman calls me back today and asks for my gm card number so that he could check my earnings....he then calls again, explaining the good news that gm had offered and additional $3000, which was available to qualified card holders. In the end I traded my 02 GTP for an 04 GTO for a difference of $7300.

I do not know much about this additional $3000, and what you need to qualify...i was just excited to get it. I am from South Dakota, where there are two different rebates...the western half only gets $3500 (which is where if really live), and the eastern half gets $5000. I happen to still pay rent at my previous residence which is located on the east side of the state, so used that address to get the $5000. As far as only being able to use $1000 off your gm card, i dont know how that works, i just know that i have always been able to use 2000.

Sorry for the long explanation, most of it was just rambling and probably confused people more.

later,

Jarvis
Though it's probably too late I think I will call both GMAC Financing, and Mastercard (GM Card), it can't hurt right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
From what I gathered it is being offered to those who were originally selected for the roundup program. They get rounded up, then an additional $3k.

I'm pissed cuz mine didn't qualify and I'm jumping through hoops trying to use a friend's card.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Want To Buy This Week

Hey Guys I Want To Lease One This Week But No One Is Offering Good Deals 2 Weeks Ago I Could Have Got The Car For 239 A Month With A 15500 But Out Now He's Talking 389 With Same Buyout What Gives Thats Like 34000for The Car You Guys Are Saying I Could Buy The Thing For 25000 What Should I Do Thanks For All Your Input
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
Snafu,
is the addl 3k with the "old" gm card or "new" gm card?

Edit,
I just called the GM card. had I waited four days and picked my car up on the 15th instead of the 11th my 900 or earnings that became 2000 would have been worth 5000 towards an 04 GTO.

AAARGH!

The really agrivating part is I picked it up on Satruday, drove it home and didnt touch it till wednesday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
I don't think it matters if it's old or new...just if it qualifies for the roundup.

That sucks you missed it by a few days...the stress and grief of trying to use someone else's card may pay off for me in the end...we shall see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Here is what happened with me. My wife purchased an impluse blue A4 last night. She liked my torrid red M6 so well that she wanted her own. She received the 5500 rebate and 3000 on the GM card. It was the old GM card. We only had $149 of rebate money on the card and I used that in March when I got my car. We received a letter yesterday saying they were giving us back the $149 in rebate money, but it had to be used before 01-03-05. We hadn't made any purchases with the GM card and carried a zero balance. When they checked the card at the dealer it had the 3000 bonus pluse the 149 GM had given us back. So she got $8649 worth of rebates and 2.9 for 60 months. She could not use her gm employee discount and the GM card though. The card bonus was actually a better deal though. She beat the pants off the deal I got back in March.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Hey Pulse4gto - I Owe You

Just did the deal on an impulse blue m6 with blue interior. It is sitting in my garage. I was going to do it yesterday until i read your post on the extra 3000 on the gm card. Went to the dealer and cut a deal for invoice, dealer called the gm card line and punched in some codes and i was eligible for 5074 in card savings (my true balance was 1574 and i thought til yesterday that they would bump that to 2000. Instead they added 500 plus 3000). That plus the 5500 rebate brought me down to 20100 for a car that listed at 33190.

This is a great car. much better than the cobalt ss i had planned to buy for about the same money. thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
i called the gm card redemption center. if i waited four days they would have thrown an additional 3000 into the car. the 3000 is only on the GTO. SRX V8 and SSR

oh, by the way, my car has 150 miles on it. that means the first 150 miles cost me $20 a mile
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top