Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys dont know a whole heck of alot about exausts but im def gonna chage it soon. Ok what im lookin for it to sound like is like the old 87-90 Mustang Gt 5.0's so what exuast should i get i want it loud and ok ill say it obnoxious. So what should i go w, flowmaster, Borla etc....any help would be great !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
You might try a search for cat-back exhaust and find a plethora of opinions...

·
Registered
267 Posts
BLACKTHUNDERGTO said:
Ok guys dont know a whole heck of alot about exausts but im def gonna chage it soon. Ok what im lookin for it to sound like is like the old 87-90 Mustang Gt 5.0's so what exuast should i get i want it loud and ok ill say it obnoxious. So what should i go w, flowmaster, Borla etc....any help would be great !!!!!!!!!
get the loudmouth ,its awsome

·
Registered
353 Posts
When I get my GTO i plan on getting the Loudmouth of course. Also I plan on getting the SLP headers/Cats. Has anybody done the headers/cats yet? Would the GTO sound alot deeper with those mods>?

·
Registered
267 Posts
BRIAN P. EWING said:
Hey Blackthundergto Did You Ever Find That Website That Had Free Shipping On The Slp Loud Mouth Exhaust?
i got mine from afterthoughts for 539.00 and free shipping

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just got my Loudmouth installed tonight. Would have had it on last night, but spent a lot of time trying to get the silly rubber mounts on and finally gave up. Came in and checked this site for any hints available - found the one that said put them on the exhaust system first and after the pipe is in place connect to the frame mount. I can't stress enough how important this is!!! Trying to do it as the instructions say is next to impossible (unless you have some special tools?). It went on very quickly with the proper process - so quickly in fact that I had forgotten to put the clamps on first. After fighting with removing the rubber mounts, disassembling yet again, I put the clamps on and re-installed everything. If you use grease on the mounts and holes in the rubber, use something very light and slippery, such as white grease. WD40 is also good. The heavy wheel bearing grease I used first is not slippery enough to make it easy. Since we are having some nasty weather here, I did not want to take the car out, so all I got to hear is with it at idle and up to 2000 rpm. It was great and I don't think it is all that loud.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just a word of advice to all from someone who has spent many hours and $ getting the exhaust right. If you are going to do headers, do them first, then decide on the exhaust. Headers and high flow cats make the exhaust significantly louder, and headers with no cats make it much louder and change the tone.

My .02

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yea thats what i plan to do after i get my 05 is to out on the loudmouth exaust ,headers and free flow cats. I like loud but that might be too much?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have headers, no cats, and Corsas on my vette. It's extremely loud. You have to be sure there aren't any police around before geting on it hard. They can hear you a mile away. I like how it sounds but it would be too much for many people.

The vette is also a head/cam car. That adds to the sound.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts