Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
unnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhh ummmmmmm wellllll yeah, kinda sorta. It seems like your looking for a cheap alternative. It would appear you want the sound but not the price, sign of a frugal person. So do this, cut off your stock mufflers and clamp some turndowns on them. Cost ya about $10 and an afternoon of labor. NICE sound...

·
Registered
498 Posts
big_mike said:
unnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhh ummmmmmm wellllll yeah, kinda sorta. It seems like your looking for a cheap alternative. It would appear you want the sound but not the price, sign of a frugal person. So do this, cut off your stock mufflers and clamp some turndowns on them. Cost ya about $10 and an afternoon of labor. NICE sound...
:agree Most people ask me if I have LoudMouth mufflers. I say, "what mufflers?"

Find a good welder/ exhaust shop loop off the mufflers and replace w/ 3" stainless.

BUT before you do this, unbolt the mufflers (flanges behind the mufflers, hangers infron of the mufflers) and take them off to make sure you like the sound first.

Check out my gallery for picts.

G

·

I keep staring at this pic wondering what could be done to increase performance, flow and sound and get away from that leap frog design in the exhaust.

Hmmmmmmmmm

One things for sure, get rid of those dang resonators!! Lose the mufflers and go with straight pipes....

*still thinking*

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So i am going in tomorrow.. if i get just straight pipes... am i gonna sound STUPID on an 04 GTO or is it gonna sound good.. there was NOW WAY to weld Single Chambers in there because of the driveshaft or whatever and all.. nevertheless 2 chambers.. So what do you all recommend... i got 12 hours!! haha

Thanks for everything
Blake

G

·
I recommend saving the money of mufflers and just getting straight pipes put in there. If it sounds crappy, you still have your stock mufflers to put back on.

Happy motoring (albeit loudly)

·
Registered
267 Posts
my loud mouth mufflers are ...loud... straight pipes would be a little louder...i love the sound, but they are real close to attracting the fuz... :cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BIG MIKE--- i got the mufflers in.. and hell broke lose.. but anyways....MAKE SURE YOU TRUST YOUR MUFFLER SHOP.. they tried to tell me that gto's come with droooooooooooppppy tips.. there like 9 inches from the body...However.. i was wondering if you cut out the resinater.. well that increase sound!!!>????

Thanks
Blake

G

·
do explain about trusting your muffler shop and hell breaking loose. How does the car sound?

As for the resonators, if you replace them with a straight pipe, your exhaust gets 50% louder, and deeper.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I put the 2 chambered flowmasters and they sound GREEEEAT. but the F***ed up the tips.. there angled the wrong way AND there 9 inches from the body.. Is the resinater the first 2 things from the headers or the 2.. also will it screw up the computer or show some trouble codes!!! man they charged me a lot to..stupid F***s! sorry hahah

Thanks
Blake

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.