Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Hey GTO, welcome to the forum! We have a member or two on here with the SLP and some say its a little raspy, others love the muscle car sound.

We hope you enjoy your stay and look forward to your participation in various topics!

-Mike

G

·
HEY, listen, before you do that let me take you down to Roberts shop off dawson beach road. For the same money you can have a custom exhaust installed !!!!

I am going to hit you up on PM.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you still have stock exhaust manifold and resonators, it will be, well, LOUD

If you have stock exhaust manifold, removed resonators, it will be EXTREMELY LOUD.

If you have headers and just the LM it will damage your hearing.

After my cam package, I had to take resonators off to get gases out as dyno flatlined at 5200 rpm. Then I added the LM and it was WAY too loud for daily driver. No doubt illegal.

So, I added Magnaflows in front of LM, where the resonators were and that helped. Not as loud and only small drone at 2000-2500 rpm.

Kooks headers go on next week and I'm sure it'll get a little louder but just dynoed again and that stock exhaust is a killer on power. :cool

G

·
the LoudMouth II system is quieter.

quoted directly from SLP "Aggressive musclecar rumble, not as loud as our Loud Mouth system (#31560)".

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.