Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking to tint my windows but am concerned as much as any other gto owner about the defroster and antenna in the rear glass. i was wanting to know if anyone could track down or knows a place i could order a set of the louvers for the back window like what went on the f-bodies and the ones that would fit a c3 vette...???? i think the metal ones that don't have that much length sticking out would make the exterior look just that much more awesome! with louvers installed it would definitely make the back of the interior darker and like i said, look good in the process. especially since the window doesnt really have much curve. as far as i'm concerned it's pretty squared off. then you could go about tinting the rest of the windows. but if anyone can get me some info i would appreciate it! i can't even begin to know where else to look. thanks for the help. later.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
GotYurGoat said:
I am looking to tint my windows but am concerned as much as any other gto owner about the defroster and antenna in the rear glass. i was wanting to know if anyone could track down or knows a place i could order a set of the louvers for the back window like what went on the f-bodies and the ones that would fit a c3 vette...???? i think the metal ones that don't have that much length sticking out would make the exterior look just that much more awesome!
I think that manufacture of metal louvers were banned by the UN Council on Automotive Good Taste back in 1986.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i was going to get the back window tinted but later on down the road there are going to be air bubbles. it's something that cant be defeated. every car i have seen with a rear defroster gets those ugly a** air bubbles and then it starts looking like someone just bought the tint and tried doing a DIY job!!! just wanted to get some feed back.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
GotYurGoat said:
i was going to get the back window tinted but later on down the road there are going to be air bubbles. it's something that cant be defeated. every car i have seen with a rear defroster gets those ugly a** air bubbles and then it starts looking like someone just bought the tint and tried doing a DIY job!!! just wanted to get some feed back.
Buy yourself some good sunglasses and turn on the a/c. :cool

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Hey do whatever you want. It's your car. But please stay west of the Mississippi. Someone may see your rolling fashion statement and associate it with my car. I'm already struggling with self esteem issues from driving a Pontiac.

·
Registered
944 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-M...ories/Holden/Accessories/auction-54658689.htm

If you post on the aussie gto site youll get more answers.
www.ls1.com.au

Groucho will have you tracked down and eliminated but youll have louvers for a little while..
:lol: :lol:
No way, that must be for the old Mad Max ones. It's just not possible.

Well, if you find a source you'll make the poor sucker that invested in the manufacture of rear louvers for the GTO happy as hell. He'll finally get a sale. I'd put it on mine if I could just find a gold that matched my curb feelers. Man, do they save the 18" rims. Not to mention how good they look with the boomerang TV antenna on the trunk – slick.

·
Registered
187 Posts
GotYurGoat said:

Find a good tinter. My last car had tint on it for 8 years, always outside in the sun. No bubbles what so ever, and if there were, it'd be going back to get fixed.

Have had 7 tinted cars, never had any problems w/ the defroster.

Go to a place that uses good film, don't find the cheapest place in your area because you'll get **** film

·
Registered
381 Posts
GotYurGoat said:
I have never had them, I always got mine done at a proffesional place who guarantee's to fix and replace if any bubbles do pop up..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.