Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! New guy from Orlando. Just traded in my 2005
Mazda RX8 for an '05 Yellow Jacket. All I can say is"what the hell took me so long!". She was sitting outside one of the local Chevy dealers just taunting me for three weeks. Well, I decided one day I just had to at the least, take her out for a run. Well, the rest is history. She had 1600 miles on her when I brought her home and I've haven't been more ecstatic about a car since I was 17. Pics in my sig! :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
What color?

And, any parting shots of the rotary? How 'bout at the rotary?

?Mileage:) , performance:cool , roominess:D , handling:eek: , POWER:D ?

Maybe just a short comparo so we know what we are missing by not driving japanese?:cheers

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey there! New guy from Orlando. Just traded in my 2005
Mazda RX8 for an '05 Yellow Jacket. All I can say is"what the hell took me so long!". She was sitting outside one of the local Chevy dealers just taunting me for three weeks. Well, I decided one day I just had to at the least, take her out for a run. Well, the rest is history. She had 1600 miles on her when I brought her home and I've haven't been more ecstatic about a car since I was 17. Pics in my sig! :D

Congrats. I've had mine for a few weeks now and can't say enough about how much I love the car. I just broke down a few minutes ago and ordered an LPE CAI and Harrop shifter. I was going to go with the GMM Ripshifter, but I couldn't find where they were for sale. Besides I hear they are a pain to install.

Next is Headers and Exhaust. Just saving up for them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What color?

And, any parting shots of the rotary? How 'bout at the rotary?

?Mileage:) , performance:cool , roominess:D , handling:eek: , POWER:D ?

Maybe just a short comparo so we know what we are missing by not driving japanese?:cheers
Hahaha,well you're not missing much...

I had the GT 6sp M/T version. The 8 is a very light and nimble car with a near 50/50 weight distribution.Overall interior and exterior styling is excellent.
The Renesis rotary engine is a sweet design, unfortunately it lacks torque and HP. Some guys I know are dropping 7-9k
easily on turbos and tuning with only modest gains. It's HP is quoted at 238 for the 6 speed but only about 190 of that is at the wheels.Slower
than many other cars in it's class. MPG sucks(which is a huge complaint from most 8 owners). I'm getting slightly less in the GTO but that was to be expected.

There's currently a major engine recall on the RX8's. All owners of '04,'05 and some '06 models are having their engines tested. Any one that's not up to par is getting replaced. Mazda also announced a powertrain warranty extension for these as well. The rotary is a innovative design but it appears Mazda still doesn't have all the issues with it worked out yet. I wouldn't be suprised at all if the '07-'08 model year is the last for the 8. If I had it to do all over again I probably wouldn't have bought the 8.

The GTO....well what can I say...IT"S A BEAST! It's what a car should be.......I can honestly say I never had this much fun with the 8.
And best of all it just keep getting better and better and........

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats on the goat. I am just wondering if you are the yellow jacket GTO in my brother's apartment complex off of Curry Ford? I am the red 06 GTO that visits once and a while.

Anyway, the GTO is a blast. I got rid of my C5 coupe for it, and even though I miss my vette, the GTO is as fun to drive and a much more comfortable:cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on the goat. I am just wondering if you are the yellow jacket GTO in my brother's apartment complex off of Curry Ford? I am the red 06 GTO that visits once and a while.

Anyway, the GTO is a blast. I got rid of my C5 coupe for it, and even though I miss my vette, the GTO is as fun to drive and a much more comfortable:cheers

Yep that's me! Is your brother the one who just bought a Mercedes a few months back?

I agree the GTO is a blast! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your GTO!:cheers

Was driving my 06 spice red goat from work the other day and a red firebird came up on me at about 70 MPH and gave me the nod to race.......so, I jumped on her and within seconds I could see him in my rearview mirror. I slowed down and he gave me the thumbs up:seeya:

I've had my GTO for two months....six races, six wins!

Have fun with your new toy.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Spacecoast,
I kinda figured as much! I was gonna add that to the post
but decided to leave it alone! Yep, need to get my wife to do the
same. We'll compare pics and see how they turn out!:cheers :seeya:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.