Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my goat for the first daily drive to work today (70 miles round trip). What a awesome ride and car. Ht the gas a few times, man this thing is a rocket. Took the car for the lunch run and got one of my friends in the back seat, he said it was very comfortable once he got back there. What a shame about this great car. What fools everyone else was for not buying one of these monsters. Lets all feel lucky and smart that we all got it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
GTO Ride

I feel the same, traded in a FX45 and I am so happy, car is amazing. A few electronic upgrades and it will be perfect. Only mechanical issue being the body lean in turns, a little more than I expected. Overall it is a great car, can not understand why this was not a sales hit, must have been the lack of retro but I would rather have an understated sleeper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
ridgegoat said:
Took the car for the lunch run and got one of my friends in the back seat, he said it was very comfortable once he got back there.
I agree. This is another feature that also makes this car a great daily driver. Once people get in, they find the ride in the back seat quite acceptable. But I hope they're not in a hurry to get in or out. Man, that forward seat motor is slowwww.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
That's great that you guys are enjoying your Goats! This car is pretty good for someone who wants something as a daily driver that can get up and go. For 70 miles round trip each day, and wanting something with some oomph, there's very few cars to pick from (and if you are wanting to keep it under $40k, I think this is the only one unless you are looking at Used vehicles or somewhat slower cars like ~250hp/tq.)

As to the sales issue with this car, someone said before that it probably would have sold better if it had been labelled "Pontiac Monaro", and I have to agree. But, it would have needed to have been advertised more too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
ridgegoat said:
Took my goat for the first daily drive to work today (70 miles round trip). What a awesome ride and car. Ht the gas a few times, man this thing is a rocket. Took the car for the lunch run and got one of my friends in the back seat, he said it was very comfortable once he got back there. What a shame about this great car. What fools everyone else was for not buying one of these monsters. Lets all feel lucky and smart that we all got it!
This is a nice GT...I sometimes just drive this car all day from sunup until late afternoon, and I still don't want to go home. The power and the loud-ass stock exhaust are addictive. The stereo is nothing to write home about, but who cares? Most of the time it if off, turned down, or paused, so I can hear the real music...the 400 ponies :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
radioboy said:
I agree. This is another feature that also makes this car a great daily driver. Once people get in, they find the ride in the back seat quite acceptable. But I hope they're not in a hurry to get in or out. Man, that forward seat motor is slowwww.

Slow is not the word......maybe we have some savy engineers here that will rectify the problemo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
We've got nearly the same commute; mine is about 76 miles round trip.

I go about 60% or so on Interstate; rest is on a divided highway with many, many lights.

I usually drive mine once or twice a week, and pray something worthy is next to me at the lights- - -
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
The radio is actually one of the best I've heard in a stock car at this price...if not the best. Just turn up the AMP. That's all you need to do...mine was only at like 1/4 full power from the factory, I turned it up to 3/4 power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
BostonF4$ said:
The radio is actually one of the best I've heard in a stock car at this price...if not the best. Just turn up the AMP. That's all you need to do...mine was only at like 1/4 full power from the factory, I turned it up to 3/4 power.
Great tip. But where's the control hiding? Is there easy access through the trunk?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top