1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yup, looks like $1k off.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Since no one on this forum ever pays MSRP it won't effect us much. Unfortunately this is only bad news for dealerships, since out bottom line stays exactly the same. They should have dropped our cost for the vehicle so the proportionate savings will be accross the board.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The Monaro sold fine down under for over $60K. The Chevy Lumina sold fine in the Middle East for the same amount. The Vauxhall VXR sells out at $75K in the UK. Yet GM can't give the GTO away in the United States.

I swear, every time the super duper GMNA bean counters and marketing folks cut price in order to move product -- their salaries should take a corresponding hit.

Enjoy your GTOs, folks, because you're driving an absolute bargain at any price.

·
Registered
163 Posts
well put B.A.!!!

I've been out a license for 4 months and will go without it another 2.(abusing a goat in public[the car not animal]) After those two are up I want to jump back into another 05 gto,

do you think this will affect the pricing on used 04s and 05s. Do you think I could find someone(no one on here prob) to sell an 05 for 23k with many miles is unreasonable in 2 months?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
The Monaro sold fine down under for over $60K. The Chevy Lumina sold fine in the Middle East for the same amount. The Vauxhall VXR sells out at $75K in the UK. Yet GM can't give the GTO away in the United States.

I swear, every time the super duper GMNA bean counters and marketing folks cut price in order to move product -- their salaries should take a corresponding hit.

Enjoy your GTOs, folks, because you're driving an absolute bargain at any price.
I had not idea- - -:eek:

If I wasn't so tight, I would feel bad for negotiating so hard on mine.;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
dealernut said:
Since no one on this forum ever pays MSRP it won't effect us much. Unfortunately this is only bad news for dealerships, since out bottom line stays exactly the same. They should have dropped our cost for the vehicle so the proportionate savings will be accross the board.
If GM reduced the invoice price by the same amount, then I don't see how this affects dealers in a significant way -- other than the inventory they already have on hand. The dealers can still expect to sell cars at the same margin, whether it be $1000 over invoice or whatever. If anything, a drop in MSRP might lure in more prospective buyers and result in more volume.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
ralniv said:
If GM reduced the invoice price by the same amount, then I don't see how this affects dealers in a significant way -- other than the inventory they already have on hand. The dealers can still expect to sell cars at the same margin, whether it be $1000 over invoice or whatever. If anything, a drop in MSRP might lure in more prospective buyers and result in more volume.
The invoice cost is unaffected by the pricing changes. The dealers do have $500 dealercash they can use to conteract it, but its not eligible on the Goats.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dealernut, so I got quoted 31,945 for a 06 M6 and you said that was roughly $500 over invoice. If I'm reading this right then, MSRP is roughly now $500 over invoice? :confused:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
HotRodGuy said:
Dealernut, so I got quoted 31,945 for a 06 M6 and you said that was roughly $500 over invoice. If I'm reading this right then, MSRP is roughly now $500 over invoice? :confused:
To be honest I am having trouble believing they are reducing the prices this much. Everyone here is fairly amazed with them lowering the prices this much BEFORE rebate and applicable discounts.

So at this point I have to say yes, that is what they are doing. I personally am shocked they are taking this angle with the cars.

·
Registered
674 Posts
man, this is gonna kill the resale of my 04 when my smartbuy is up in dec 07.

seriously, dealernut, do you have any before /after figures for a lease, interest rate, residual? my mother in law ordered a lacrosse to be built to her specs. i wonder how much this will change her payment.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Tom said:

seriously, dealernut, do you have any before /after figures for a lease, interest rate, residual? my mother in law ordered a lacrosse to be built to her specs. i wonder how much this will change her payment.
Its going to hurt everyones resale unfortunately

ummm..... The 2 year resisual is a little better for the 06 model other than that the resids and money factors are exactly the same, which means you can buy the car for about the same cost. . But still not nearly as good as what the 04's had back then. I doubt we will ever see that again.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Tom said:

It honestly probably won't, as most have said, most of the cars are selling below sticker anyways. What killed the resale of your 04 was the LS2 in the 05/6's

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
HotRodGuy said:
It honestly probably won't, as most have said, most of the cars are selling below sticker anyways. What killed the resale of your 04 was the LS2 in the 05/6's
Well so far the resale value on the 04's have not been that bad at all. They were giving up to 8k rebate on the 04's (so figure 28k after tax and title). I recently took one in with 10k miles on it and we gave him 20,500 for his car. So figure a 25% loss after two years in not bad at all in this industry. Especially compared to a Dodge neon(pokes Steve in the ribs).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Steve A said:
What do you all consider a good price for a new 05 presently ?? ?? ??

i've been calling dealers out here all day today, best I can seem to get is about 29K

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.