Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, new owner of this car. Found a leaky lower radiator hose, punctured at the hose clamp. The hose came off with a rusty spring in it. I don’t believe the lower hose requires a spring, but wanted to double check. Also, went to get the lower hose at the local auto parts, I wanted a Gates hose, all they had was Master Pro. Hose is the right bend, cut to fit. I’m curious if others have an opinion about a particular brand of hose? I’m not going for original look, the engine is from a ‘67. The Pro Master hose looks to be more stout than the no-name hose that came out with a rusty spring. I’d rather not have to turn around and replace this hose again if I don’t have to.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I will track down a stainless steel spring, the one that came out was rusted and breaking apart.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Any good parts house should still have access to AC DELCO and/or Gates hoses.
I would also suggest you get a Stainless Steel Spring, IIRC Summit has them
Cheers.
I love the idea of a stainless steel spring. I can't find one listed on the Summit site. Do you know a part number for it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
IIRC it was an EARLS product and had to be cut to size.
I also have found them from Mustang Vendors in different sizes.
Thanks. I found some by searching the term Earls on the summit site. I still don't find IIRC. They list all the options in AN measurements. Do you recall which is correct for our old GTOs?

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Thanks. I found some by searching the term Earls on the summit site. I still don't find IIRC. They list all the options in AN measurements. Do you recall which is correct for our old GTOs?

IIRC = If I Rcall Correctly. Don't feel bad, took me a while to figure it out. :yesnod:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts