Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
well i've heard by experience that the LS1's (therefore LS2's), have a much lower, throatier rumble than do the little 4.6L's. While an LS1 with a free-flowing exhaust will be noticable at idle, and only get louder and meaner through the rpm range, mustangs tend to be barely noticable at idle, with a noticably raspy yell when the throttle is goosed.

Generally, it's easier to make a mustang sound better than an LSX series motor. I'd be willing to accept a pickier catback option however for the extra 100 horses. :cool

·
Registered
439 Posts
MeanGoat said:
On a related note, I was next to a kid in a V-6 today that sounded mean. I swear to god it sounded like a nice V-8. Or at least a Mustang GT.
With certain catbacks, those 3.8L's can sound a lot like V8's on idle. They are just 350's with two cylinders cut off.

·
Registered
584 Posts
CrabhartLSX said:
With certain catbacks, those 3.8L's can sound a lot like V8's on idle. They are just 350's with two cylinders cut off.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :agree
The other week I pulled next to a Blown Grand Prix and for a V6 it sounded mean

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just installed the cervini side exhaust kit on my 06 GT, and it is mean. My buddy has a 05 GTO and he told me that now when he gets in the goat he turns the key and sighs, he says its just not enough anymore. so we're in the process of find him some side dumps as well :cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
I will agree the GTO exhaust does sound deeper but I do give credit to GT's with exhausts, I love the way they sound. That goes double for GTO's with exhausts of course :cheers

one_focused_svt: I love the black on black with the chrome.. But you need to drop that shyte :cool

·
Registered
700 Posts
SVT, you need to update your picture to show us those side-exit exhaust pipes, I bet that does look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
498 Posts
one_focused_svt said:
I just installed the cervini side exhaust kit on my 06 GT, and it is mean. My buddy has a 05 GTO and he told me that now when he gets in the goat he turns the key and sighs, he says its just not enough anymore. so we're in the process of find him some side dumps as well :cheers
Tell him he doesn't need the dumps. These are PLENTY mean (and recommended!).........:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.