Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New to the fourm. I come from the BMW community. My buddy who is in this fourm told me about this site. We wanted to do some runs just for comparison. Both are great cars and i posted on M3 fourms to show both car enthusiasts. Road was blocked off. Race was from a 5 mph roll and 3 honks to approx. 100 mph.. M3 is stock and the Gto has lightweight fly wheel, pullies, intake and racing clutch. Tell me what you think.

1st run i pulled ahead ever so slighly, shifting at 8,000 everytime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5SsEgM9oho

2nd run the GTO had the slightest lead maybe a bumper by the camera..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb8v4bajEzg

these videos were to show the difference between power/weight and gearing. No off the line races occured because of different skill and to show how these cars compared. Please note, the GTO is i high hp/ high tq engine, there for anything over 100 i know the GTO would pull ahead and win. This way I took advantage of the gearing of the ///M.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Bmw M3 Guy said:
Please note, the GTO is i high hp/ high tq engine, there for anything over 100 i know the GTO would pull ahead and win. This way I took advantage of the gearing of the ///M.
Hey M3 Guy, That is a nice vehicle that you have there (I have always like BMW's)

But what I have never liked about them is the price...
2006 BMW M3 Pricing $55k to $65k :eek: (with options)
http://www.e46fanatics.com/pdf/2006_BMW_M3_North_American_Pricing.pdf


...and I do so like racing you guys :cool
Thanks for posting! And don't be a stranger :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Robertr2000 said:
Hey M3 Guy, That is a nice vehicle that you have there (I have always like BMW's)

But what I have never liked about them is the price...
2006 BMW M3 Pricing $55k to $65k :eek: (with options)
http://www.e46fanatics.com/pdf/2006_BMW_M3_North_American_Pricing.pdf


...and I do so like racing you guys :cool
Thanks for posting! And don't be a stranger :D
+1.

I'm also an unrepentant BimmerHead (my last two cars were BMWs), and as such have modding my car (with a major suspension revamp, specifically) to have the ability to tangle with stock M3s on any given track-- not just the 1/4 mile strips where the Holden has a distinct advantage.

I'm pretty damned close. When I have my camber tweaked aggressively, I'll take on any stock E46 M3 at Willow Springs....well, OK, I need better brakes too. :D

Still miss my Bimmers sometimes, though. :cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Groucho said:
+1.

I'm also an unrepentant BimmerHead (my last two cars were BMWs), and as such have modding my car (with a major suspension revamp, specifically) to have the ability to tangle with stock M3s on any given track-- not just the 1/4 mile strips where the Holden has a distinct advantage.

I'm pretty damned close. When I have my camber tweaked aggressively, I'll take on any stock E46 M3 at Willow Springs....well, OK, I need better brakes too. :D

Still miss my Bimmers sometimes, though. :cool

Hey Groucho!

I am going the upgraded suspension path first and THEN upgrade for speed. I'm just chicken that way :eek: :lol: :willy: :D


I'm going Sway Bars, Bushing set and Koni's - Anything else you would recommend?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Robertr2000 said:
Hey Groucho!

I am going the upgraded suspension path first and THEN upgrade for speed. I'm just chicken that way :eek: :lol: :willy: :D


I'm going Sway Bars, Bushing set and Koni's - Anything else you would recommend?
That's pretty much my stuff- top it off with lighter wheels, better tires (OEMs suck), and a custom alignment by a good suspension shop and you'll be amazed at the difference!!!

The GMM Ripshifter should be a requirement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Groucho said:
That's pretty much my stuff- top it off with lighter wheels, better tires (OEMs suck), and a custom alignment by a good suspension shop and you'll be amazed at the difference!!!

The GMM Ripshifter should be a requirement.


Ya, but which Rip Shifter :confused the race version? Or the Street Version?

Email from JHP:
------------------------------------------
Hello Robert
Thank you for your enquiry about the JHP option 4 sports shifter
"Race". This shifter is $309 shipped and also comes in "street" for daily
drivers $335 shipped, both are in stock & can be shipped within 24 hours. See below info for ordering which can be e-mailed or faxed / phoned to us.
Regards, Geoff
------------------------------------------


I'm going to wait until my tires are worn out until I replace them (it'll be a while) :D I don't do this ---> :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Groucho said:
I got the Race.

Awesome.


That's was I was thinkin... I love spending less --->$$$ for more :willy:



Thanks Groucho!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top