Pontiac GTO Forum banner

m6 vs a4

11K views 45 replies 23 participants last post by  bg2m8o 
I have only driven manual since I could drive. Now I'm kind of tired of it. Phoenix traffic killed the fun of driving stick, so this time around, I went auto. Glad I did! Especially if I start adding bigger power.

GZP 06 GTO said:
I think a true car enthusiast will drive a manual. Its the challenge of being in full control of your car when racing it. Not having to depend on an auto to do the shifting for you. Mastering the art of manual shifting is a challenge as apposed to the single action of just pressing on the gas and waiting for the your auto to do the work for you. I'll take manual over auto any day of the week.

P.S. I'm still trying very hard to master art of manual shifting.:)
That’s kind of a generic statement. I’m an enthusiast, and I drive an auto (now). Different people like the different aspects, enthusiast or not. I have had three f bodies, a gto and a corvette z06. I consider myself to be more of car enthusiast than most. Your statement reminds me of the older vette owners who used to say “true enthusiast don’t mod their vettes.”

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.