Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What make and model were the police cars in the movie Mad Max?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
specifically a Monaro HQ:
Here's a diecast model of the GTs in my collection:

Here's a link to the cars used in the first movie, "Mad Max"
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/madmax/index.html
I believe this is a 77'. I'd been in OZ in 77' and checked one out while walking past a dealer in Melbourne. To me the car's lines look like a scaled down version of the 70 ~ 72 GTO's. You be the judge.

Red.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
yea, a little of both and I agree a bit closer to the Chevy..... wish I had any one of the 3 in addition to my 06 but the Monaro would be a wtf head turner ... driving muscle from the right hand side alone:eek: .

·
Registered
681 Posts
I believe this is a 77'. I'd been in OZ in 77' and checked one out while walking past a dealer in Melbourne. To me the car's lines look like a scaled down version of the 70 ~ 72 GTO's. You be the judge.

Red.
:agree
I see many "influences" in the car's design. I see GTO, Chevelle, Opel. Guess Holden dug into the international design bin for that one!

Russ

·
Registered
9 Posts

Red.
Hi Guys.

The HQ Holden Monaro was produced from 1971 to 1974 optioned with 6cyl, v8 holden engine 4.2 and 5.0 litre and 350 chev engine in the GTS
then there was the HJ and HX model the coupe finished production in 1977 now any of them are a very collectable motor car to have. The sedan range was produced from 1971 through to 1979.

The first 2 door coupe was the HK Monaro in 1968 then HT and HG untill the HQ model was released

They have a web site www.monaro.com.au

Have a great day Guys:cheers

Leigh

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Hi Guys.

The HQ Holden Monaro was produced from 1971 to 1974 optioned with 6cyl, v8 holden engine 4.2 and 5.0 litre and 350 chev engine in the GTS
then there was the HJ and HX model the coupe finished production in 1977 now any of them are a very collectable motor car to have. The sedan range was produced from 1971 through to 1979.

The first 2 door coupe was the HK Monaro in 1968 then HT and HG untill the HQ model was released

They have a web site www.monaro.com.au

Have a great day Guys:cheers

Leigh
Good info! Do you think Holden will ever bring the Monaro back? I understand 06 was the last year (same for our GTO's).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good info! Do you think Holden will ever bring the Monaro back? I understand 06 was the last year (same for our GTO's).
Good day.

Not sure if Holden will bring back the coupe, there has been talk it could be in a couple of years to bring it back into production. As with most car makers rumours are everywhere and all over the place.

HSV are the last ones to have the coupes as GTO here in Oz. HSV's web site www.hsv.com.au

Also keep checking the Holden web site for info www.holden.com.au

Hope this can be of some use

Leigh

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know I'm digging up an old thread but I thought you might like this if you haven't seen this. It's thought that something like this may go into production at some point in the future. Holden has a tendency to build these concepts to gauge reaction before going ahead with it.

Here it is

Coupe 60 Web site

1 - 17 of 17 Posts