Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed about 2 weeks ago the house across the street from my girlfriends house got a new gto and today he came down to the house and introduced himself. this caught me totally by surprise and i found out that he is a fleet manager at an anaheim pontiac dealer and he told me he could probably give me parts at discounted prices, which in my opinion is pretty cool. i never expected the gto community to be this closely knit.

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's pretty cool :) Until I read that he was a manager at a Pontiac dealership, I was thinking that maybe he would see your goat at your girlfriend's house and that got him interested.

Yeah it's pretty cool that the goat community is reasonably tight. I think being that these cars are relatively uncommon is a big part of it. I have only run into one other goat so far while driving, but the driver of that car revved his engine at me (he wasn't looking for a race, as we were both in turn lanes with boatloads of traffic around--I think he just wanted to say 'Hi'). When I picked up my car from the dealership, a guy with an 04 goat pulled up; he didn't stop and say Hi or anything, but I waved at him and he did look at my goat.

If I would have gotten the Mustang or G35 or something, I'm sure there wouldn't be that 'community'.

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
Thats cool, i will go talk to someone else in a GTO if i see one,because there are so few of them around,and its nice to share , most people who own them are nice but some are really rude only a couple i know of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts