Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the power that I'm putting down there aren't too many cars worth wasting my gas with these days.

Last night I had just completed dinner with 3 friends.

On the way back home there was this 1st Gen MDX with a bunch of kids that looked like they were dressed for prom following my GTO. I wasn't sure if the driver wanted to check out my car from front to back, see who was driving, or just wanted to race me, but I assumed the later and slapped him around by over a bus length a few times once we hit the freeway and traffic opened up.

Right towards the end of the lesson I came across a CTS-V that cut over into my lane without signaling. It appeared that the vehicle was recently procured since it had some Cadillac dealership plates on the back.

The car had flared out fenders, and as I was passing the front, it had mesh grill.

Nothing happened for a few miles since one of the girls in the car was upset that I interrupted her frame of thought and ability to speak when I abruptly demonstrated the GTO's power with the MDX.

Since I was going with the flow of traffic in the far right lane I didn't notice the CTS-V was a few cars behind me. We both merged on to a new freeway. He quickly got along side of me and romped on the pedal a few times. I responded by dropping down to 3rd gear and 60MPH~ and punched it.

Since I was just about to straight the GTO from a turn the rear end snapped out a little and I eased off the pedal just enough to regain traction and stability.

By the time I was shifting into 4th gear I was about a car length on him. At the end of 4th gear I had 2-3 cars on him. It took a while to pull him.

So which CTS-V was it? To be honest I really don't know if it was the earlier one with the Z06 engine or the one with the ZR-1 engine with 560~HP. I'm assuming that it was the later since he was right up there in power with the E55 and GTR that I had raced a few months back.

I had about half a tank of gas and roughly 650lbs of passengers in the GTO, including myself. The CTS-V had about 350lbs of passengers including the driver.

Any conjectures as to which Gen CTS-V it was?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Good race, definitely a nice addition to the kill list.

I would guess its the newest Gen CTS-V because the last gen was not too noticeable. You noticed one of the real key points of flash on the new V's... the mess grill from top to bottom.

You tell us, is this what you raced?

·
Registered
208 Posts
So which CTS-V was it? To be honest I really don't know if it was the earlier one with the Z06 engine or the one with the ZR-1 engine with 560~HP. I'm assuming that it was the later since he was right up there in power with the E55 and GTR that I had raced a few months back.
Nice kill! Not all the CTSV's had the Z06 engine though. The '06 and '07 has the LS2 in it. :cheers

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
...so that begs the question...which one would you rather have (of the CTS-Vs)???
LS6???...LS2???...LS with a supercharger...:D
Bill
People who have tested the LS6 and the LS2 cars(Corvette, CTS) said that they are differant animals eventhough they where about the same in power rating. The LS6 seems to be the quick reving, top end one and the LS2 seems to be the lazy one.

I'll take any CTS-V with a S/C:D

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
People who have tested the LS6 and the LS2 cars(Corvette, CTS) said that they are differant animals eventhough they where about the same in power rating. The LS6 seems to be the quick reving, top end one and the LS2 seems to be the lazy one.

I'll take any CTS-V with a S/C:D
I agree...the LS6 is a vastly different animal than the LS2...but the LSA with that special Supercharger (new design made for the ZR-1) would be wild...but I'm not complaining about my GTO...:cool...:seeya:
Bill

·
Registered
377 Posts
So you gave lessons to an SUV, then you lost traction in the curve with passengers before beating the 'V?

We've met before, haven't we? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Huh??? Whats this about?
My thread was posted on here but apparently deleted by one of the moderators. However, it is still active (and he is banned) on another GTO forum....

Despite it all, I wouldn't have stood a chance if we had actually ran.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rob,

My friend told me that when he had my car for a day (I had to borrow his Tundra to carry some stuff) that there was a WASP in his 40's that looked like an off-duty cop who instigated a race in traffic with a silver SRT8.

He told me that there was no race but he let gave that person some "demonstration" of 515rwhp and 489rwtq.

I have seen you a few weeks ago going towards downtown Campbell area when I was leaving it in my black NSX.

Did you toss a rev by lunging forward or in neutral (last I heard from a few cops is that you can be cited for simply revving the engine)?

Apparently, this probably happened when school was out.

Instructional Calendar

·
Registered
377 Posts
Rob,

My friend told me that when he had my car for a day (I had to borrow his Tundra to carry some stuff) that there was a WASP in his 40's that looked like an off-duty cop who instigated a race in traffic with a silver SRT8.

He told me that there was no race but he let gave that person some "demonstration" of 515rwhp and 489rwtq.

I have seen you a few weeks ago going towards downtown Campbell area when I was leaving it in my black NSX.

Did you toss a rev by lunging forward or in neutral (last I heard from a few cops is that you can be cited for simply revving the engine)?

Apparently, this probably happened when school was out.

Instructional Calendar
I wouldn't say it was an "instigation" but rather an acknowledgment and inquiry.

That very well could have been me showing appreciation for your car. You have a nice collection there. Yes, I've heard the Police don't like excessive displays of sound or power. Good reminder, thanks.

Yes, school is out, very true. But be careful of driveways! How did you get banned? PM me.

I'll post a clarification.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Reading comprehension. :cheers
:confused:rolleyes: Your calling the CTS-V a SUV and I tell you its not its a sedan and this is your response!? :rofl::rofl::rofl: I think you need to read up more on cars then post. :cheers

·
Registered
377 Posts
:confused:rolleyes: Your calling the CTS-V a SUV and I tell you its not its a sedan and this is your response!? :rofl::rofl::rofl: I think you need to read up more on cars then post. :cheers
Let's do this one last time. Maybe we have a failure to communicate.

there was this 1st Gen MDX with a bunch of kids
That is an SUV

So you gave lessons to an SUV, then you lost traction in the curve with passengers before beating the 'V?
Pointing out the the SUV and then the 'V.

Ummm the CTS-V is not a SUV, its a sedan. ;)
Stating the obvious?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts