Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
What about them? They are both oversized and made by Dodge. The Charger shouldn't even be called a Charger. Did Dodge ever make a four door Charger? Think not my friend.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think that new charger just looks like crap! Dodge just think they can to a little body work to something and slap a "HEMI" in it and it will sell. It looks like a Magnum with the back end chopped down IMO.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't know... I've been in a little friendly "competition" with a magnum twice now. The same one! On my way home from work one morning, I was stopped at a light, waiting to turn left onto a freeway entrance ramp. It's a tight circle ramp that leads into a very long straightaway before merging into highway traffic. There are two lanes until the very end. When the light turn green I went on my way, not really paying attention until I noticed the car behind was literally right on my butt. It kinda irritated me (that's putting it nicely) so I tromped on it. Lo and behold, he stayed right with me. We were doing 115mph by the time we reached the merging point. He backed off first, but I slowed down and let him go by just to see what it was. A Dodge Magnum. He wouldn't have been able to pass me, but I didn't walk off and leave him either. Two weeks later, the same happened, only this time I was behind him at the same light. I rode his rear end until he realized what was going on and HE tromped on it. He, however, didn't push it as hard as I had the first time, and not wanting to take the chance of running out of room, I didn't pass him on the right. I could have however. At 75mph, I was only turning about 2000rpm. Lots of room to go! heehee So I don't know if it was just that he didn't feel like playing or what. At any rate, the Magnum is a butt-ugly car, fast or not. Looks like a station wagon on steroids. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
If dodge does shoehorn the 6.1 liter Hemi scheduled for the Chysler 300C SRT into the Charger, things might get a little interesting between the GTO.

Engine
Type: Hemi V8
Displacement: 6100 cc
Horsepower: 425 bhp @ 6200 rpm
Torque: 420 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
Redline: 6400 rpm

With a weight reduction program, a 6.1 liter Hemi Charger may be nothing to sneeze at.

·
Registered
185 Posts
EdwardC said:
If dodge does shoehorn the 6.1 liter Hemi scheduled for the Chysler 300C SRT into the Charger, things might get a little interesting between the GTO.

Engine
Type: Hemi V8
Displacement: 6100 cc
Horsepower: 425 bhp @ 6200 rpm
Torque: 420 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
Redline: 6400 rpm

With a weight reduction program, a 6.1 liter Hemi Charger may be nothing to sneeze at.
my point exactly if you've not read the 3 posts i've placed already, it's not gonna be laughing matter when the butt ugly 4 door tromps the goats ass, i personally own a gto, but also plan on owning a charger, 4 door or not, at least they had the balls to put the hemi in it, it coulda been like the malibu or the impala that gets a base 4 cylinder, gm shoulda been slapped in the face for those two cars, but i'm sorta interested if they are gonna make the chevelle or not and if the are gonna sissify it?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well, you figure when this is released...the LS2 will be out and the 25 hp and the extra weight...I guess it should be interesting like you said. I still can't understand why Dodge is making something so uh...uh....uhhhhhh-gly for though?! You figure if you want some performance, it shouldn't be nauseating for someone else to look at. I guess some people would race anyway, this way we don't have to look at it anymore.

·
Registered
185 Posts
79TA&04GTO said:
Well, you figure when this is released...the LS2 will be out and the 25 hp and the extra weight...I guess it should be interesting like you said. I still can't understand why Dodge is making something so uh...uh....uhhhhhh-gly for though?! You figure if you want some performance, it shouldn't be nauseating for someone else to look at. I guess some people would race anyway, this way we don't have to look at it anymore.
you can't continue to produce cars through the years without changing with the times in some way, look at the 67 goat to now.....at least the charger is an origional design, and not just a foreign offbranch's design (monaro) with different badges.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.