Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Magnuson has some numbers on an LS2 GTO -

Not bad at all for a car that will have great driveability and plenty of power as soon as you roll into the throttle!

This is going to be a popular system so we are starting a pre-order list to get you at the front of the line when they start shipping. Just give us a call to place your order. You won't be charged until the system is ready to ship.

ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT SPECIALS!

WE HAVE YOUR FORCED INDUCTION NEEDS COVERED WITH - ATI, VORTECH AND MAGNUSON SUPERCHARGERS ALONG WITH STS TURBOS!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dyno test

Incredible power AND torque! Interesting how the base horse power is @12% lower than posted figures. I could see 4-6% but not 12%? :confused

What's the cost? and what is the "typical" install price?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would really like to know what a typ installation w/ dyno time would run. I live on the south shore (MA) so you guys would be the logical choice.

thanks,
~ Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
By posted figures I'm refering to the GM's 400hp/400lb/ft of torque. Like I said I'm sure they're "biased" more towards the 400 mark, but I wouldn't expect such low stock dyno figures.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I would say 356rwhp is pretty darn good for a stock 05. But still, if both runs were on the same equipment, I would think that that's more important to know, rather than what type of dyno was used. Just my 2 cents. ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Arent the stcko numbers at flywheel anyways which would be less at the wheels if calculate the loss through the drivetrain.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Something is definitely wrong with the base numbers. But first remember "base" does not mean "stock". Base is just the first run that is being compared to all others runs after. If 356.2 rwhp was stock that's showing just an 11% drivetrain loss. 11% is kinda low! And 317.5 on the rwtq is just over 21% drivetrain loss. 21% is definitely high! 11% and 21% drivetrain loss on the same run :confused Something is truly wrong with this info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
torque figures

I'm no expert but I just thought base hp at the fly wheel would've been higher. All-be-it the super charger really kicked it up! Impressive. :cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts
I must have one of these...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
We listed the 2005 GTO kits on our site yesterday -

2005 GTO Magnuson Intercooled supercharger - Silver stardust finish $5989.99

2005 GTO Magnuson Intercooled supercharger - Polished finish $6989.99

These prices include free shipping along with a boost gauge and pod.

Installation here would be about $900.00

Most of the stock LS2 dynos that I've seen have been in the 345-356 rwhp range.

WE HAVE YOUR FORCED INDUCTION NEEDS COVERED WITH - ATI, VORTECH AND MAGNUSON SUPERCHARGERS ALONG WITH STS TURBOS!

B

·
0 Posts
Very cool that from about 2300 to 5800, your tires will AT ANY TIME have 400lb. ft. of torque to apply to the ground!! Flat torque curves are fun !!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
356 rwhp (on a mustang dyno) does seem a little high if the baseline came from a stock car. Many M6 cars dyno around the 350 mark on dynojets.

But those are certainly impressive numbers with the blower installed.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GM rates hp at the flywheel. There is usually about a 15% loss for 6 speed cars so that would put the rear wheel hp at about 340. Most stock dyno numbers that I've heard of have been in the 345-355 range so 356 is pretty much on par. Some stock cars will make more horsepower than others so a 10hp difference is no big deal. The LS1 cars were underrated. They were rated at 320hp at the flywheel but the 6 speed cars would dyno in the 290-300 range at the rear wheels.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
tbyrne said:
GM rates hp at the flywheel. There is usually about a 15% loss for 6 speed cars so that would put the rear wheel hp at about 340. Most stock dyno numbers that I've heard of have been in the 345-355 range so 356 is pretty much on par. Some stock cars will make more horsepower than others so a 10hp difference is no big deal. The LS1 cars were underrated. They were rated at 320hp at the flywheel but the 6 speed cars would dyno in the 290-300 range at the rear wheels.

Maybe underrated on the SS Camaro's and TransAm/Firebird's but the LS1 in the GTO was rated at 350. So 290-300 rwhp on the 6M '04's is right on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is definetly a flawed test, 4 months apart, 500 miles on the car for the first run (base line).
Max power is taken at 500 rpm higher in 2nd test.
Mustang Dyno W/O vehicle weight programed in and who knows what other parimeters were left out?
Looks like Dyno Jet numbers to me, but then all GM numbers are at the flywheel on a Dyno Jet.
An intercooled Magnuson should make around 450rwhp with a 6.0 and 3.55 axle ratio on a Mustang Dyno, and will be very impressive on the street.
What I'd like to see is a good comparison with a centrifugal supercharger on a Mustang dyno with the proper programing. :cheers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts