Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to do the maiden start tonight or early in the AM. Any advice would be helpful. Already primed oil pump and set timing to #1 at TDC, I am going to hook up the fuel pump to a gas can since I havent dropped the tank yet.

My question is which side of the fuel pump is the inlet ? I know its one of the two nipples... just curious

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
The inlet is the bent pickup tube on the left. The 1/4" straight line is your vapor return line to tank (plug it if your car is without this option), and the hex fitting is where your steel fuel line to the carb goes. Good luck, and keep a fire extinguisher handy. I've been doing this forever, and I always seem to get the darn distributor in 180 out!!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The inlet is the bent pickup tube on the left. The 1/4" straight line is your vapor return line to tank (plug it if your car is without this option), and the hex fitting is where your steel fuel line to the carb goes. Good luck, and keep a fire extinguisher handy. I've been doing this forever, and I always seem to get the darn distributor in 180 out!!!
Thanks, got it hooked up! :cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts