Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have 2006 Pontiac gto automatic bright red. owned for 8 years now . 47000 miles . im on my second set of tires my first set wore evenly replaced all 4 with the same BFGoodrich that came on the car new. i have read all about the suspension issues in the form. i thought i was not going to have the issue with the front tires wearing on the very inside edge i keep close eye on mine just because of all that i have read about the radios rods and strut mounts. but i was looking my car over this weekend and noticed the drivers front tire on the very inside edge was down to almost cords ugh. was hoping i would not experience this due to me not driving the vehicle very much. but i guess not. i have read to replace radios rod bushings and strut mounts with polyurethane bushings. to correct the tire ware issue. my question is this. has anyone replaced there radios rod bushing with factory rubber bushing i really dont want polyurethane bushing on my car it just makes car ride and drive and feel different. i know its a sports car but i like to keep it smooth as i can. since it wont be strapped down again to be ship anywhere could i use the factory rubber and it still correct the alignment issue. any feed back would be great . :patriot:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I put the poly ones on my car and it rides even better than before. I think if you get OEM rubber ones they'll just wear out again sooner than the poly ones. With the poly ones I have a nice, supple ride, no harshness at all. Radius rod bushings and strut mount bushings replacement happens to all of these cars if they're driven with any regularity.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
I put the poly ones on my car and it rides even better than before. I think if you get OEM rubber ones they'll just wear out again sooner than the poly ones. With the poly ones I have a nice, supple ride, no harshness at all. Radius rod bushings and strut mount bushings replacement happens to all of these cars if they're driven with any regularity.
I agree. I also think that the stock BFG tires were not very good. When the car first came out one article said they were "harder than a banker's heart". I've gotten just as good of mileage and better traction with other tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts