Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Annual "Run to the Sun" car show at Myrtle Beach. This is one of the best shows I know of. I go every year and have been for about the last 6 or so. Last year, over 3,000 cars attended. They cover it all, hot rods, rat rods, muscle cars, trucks, and everything in between.

The weather has always seemed to hold out, but last year it was a bit overcast which kept many of the rat rod guys home as they usually have a nice handful of them each year, but last year only a few (probably locals) were on hand. Still was a great turnout and a ton of people. They do have a small swap meet/ vendor area. I bought a new tinted windshield for my '68 Lemans right off the Auto City Glass trailer. It was just over $100. Plenty of food not only at the show, but you are within walking distance of many local eat places.

Don't forget your camera, sunscreen, and a hat 'cause it gets hot out in that sun. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate. RUN TO THE SUN CAR SHOW ? Pee Dee Street Rodders

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Assuming you attended the Mar 16-19 event, please describe your impressions regarding attendance volume and cars shown? Did the show present a significant number of upgraded 2006 Pontiac GTOs?
Nope, not a one. The shows I have posted are not aimed at modern cars such as the newer GTO's. These events are aimed at hot rods, true muscle cars from "the era", customs, rat rods, etc. and usually have a cut off year, ie nothing newer than 1978, or nothing newer than 1970, etc..

I would think it best to join a club for the later GTO's as they would most likely offer where to find those car shows which include the modern generation of GTO. :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts