Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately it seems I need a new master cylinder after replacing everything else. I have disc on the front and drum on the back. Do I need a special Master Cylinder, Thanks for the help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Keiko,
You don't need anything special. Just pick up one from a local auto parts store. I will advise that you buy a new one and not a remanufactured. I just did my '69 a couple weeks ago and had 2 remanufactured one leak and I finally got a new one instead. It's well worth the cost, I think it was like $10 dollars more.
Good Luck,
Rob.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keiko,
You don't need anything special. Just pick up one from a local auto parts store. I will advise that you buy a new one and not a remanufactured. I just did my '69 a couple weeks ago and had 2 remanufactured one leak and I finally got a new one instead. It's well worth the cost, I think it was like $10 dollars more.
Good Luck,
Rob.
Hey thanks Rob. do I need the one with the round reservoir in front and the square in back ? the one I just took off had a 1.125 bore and a lot of them have a 1 inch bore dose it make a difference. Also would you happen to know if you can bleed the brakes without the car running. ?? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes larger cavity in front for disc and small cavity in rear for drums. You can successfully bleed brakes without car running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts