Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the maxium hp I will get on an 05 from LT headers, Magnaflow catbacks, LPE CAI and a tune (when it's available). I'm talking about RWHP and at the fly (roughly). And what should that roughly bring my 1/4 mile time to???? Obviously this will help my decision making with what mods to buy. Any help/input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
316 Posts
In theory it is possible to get 400 at the wheel with intake tune and FULL exhaust, depending on the setup and how aggersive the tune is. You also need to have it dynoed just to give yourself a baseline. From what I have seen different models of dynoes are giveing different numbers, so I would find one you like and have all your dynoes done there just to keep consistent numbers. Also within the first 5000 miles you may see a significant gain in HP just from the motor breaking in between 700 and 1500 miles I saw a 5 hp and 5 tq increase. Im having my car redynoed at 3000 miles and am expecting to see another 5 hp & tq. I have seen a post were they were tuning an 05 and got 22 rwhp by basicaly just leaning it out, a more agressive tune may yeald a fair amount of HP. The Corsa test exhaust ( cat back) put 17 hp to the wheel on a stock 05. So having a full setup and tuning it to match might look quite nice

·
Registered
31 Posts
RWHP is also going to depend on your tranny. An A4 gets less to the wheels. 1/4 times are gonna depend on tires and driving ability. I'd say you are going to get around 50 or 60 HP from those mods.

Full exhaust 30 HP
CAI 12 HP
Tune 10-20 ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.