Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell I need a set of drag radials? Rollout is ok, but you sure can't mash it right away.

Note the zero wheel hop on the stock suspension.:cool

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I used to be able to say I had no wheel hop on stock suspension. Add more real power and wheel hop is there, harder and more expensive to control.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I'm sure I'll chew the crap out of the stock driveline with 400+. ;) Especially if I hook. I'm actually kind of afraid of putting on aftermarket rear springs with increased spring rate for now with the factory shocks. I'd prefer to do all new bushings along with shocks when I do springs. Need to find some adjustable I can dial in easy when I want/need to. Figure I can crank em up real stiff and it should be a good remedy for say, at the track.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I feel ya. Talk to svede sounds like he got a good set up with Lovells springs and Koni shocks and struts. I'm going to experiment with a SLP sway bar soon as it comes in. I read from DMS that it not only helps with cornering it also helps with 60'. I don't drag race but apperantly it helps with the uneven distribution of torque.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes sense. Hopefully it helps. I never figured the anti-roll bars were that bad in this car (I am used to driving a Grand Am, after all :lol:) it seems to handle really well for being a big battleship, even with passengers and a trunk full of schtuff. But I never really try to "push the envelope" around corners, either.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
The sway bars are not that bad. I upgraded all the sway bar bushings and that was good enough. I think they sould be the last thing you replace after everything else sould get them to fine tune the suspension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts