Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I bought my 05 GTO with the A4 about a month ago and have been following the forums ever since so hopefully this has not been posted anywhere yet. I would like to do some mods like a cai and headers (maybe more later), but I do not want to destroy the transmission. Can anyone tell me what the max amount of torque the 05 A4 can safely take? Also, is the torque rating for the transmission at the rear wheels or the fly? Thanks in advance. Additional information: I do 99% of my driving on city roads, constant stop and go. I also would like to take the car to the track for some 1/4 mile runs a couple times a year.

I also thought I would also add a comment about the steel plate under the engine. Driving on the highway at about 80 mph, a huge rock (well it seemed huge in the .5 second I saw it) flew right in front of my car and then I heard a loud bang underneath the car. After I got home I looked under the car to see if there was any obvious damage. There was a very small dent as well as a fresh scratch in the steel plate underneath the engine. In thinking about the force that was exerted on it, I would compare it to taking a hard swing at it with a hammer. I really hope nobody takes that plate off to save a few pounds of weight. Just thought I would share.

I also wanted to thank everyone who contributes to this forum. I have learned a lot already and am really proud to be a GTO owner.
:cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to the forum.:seeya: If you don't get an answer here, you should check out Corvetteforum.com, since the new Vettes use the same drivetrain. I would guess your tranny can reliably handle 450-500 rwhp, but don't take my word for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts