Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people with MAZDA 6's want to race me? What gives? Out of all the guy's that want to race me, people with MAZDA 6's want to race me more than any other???? I dont even want to waste the fuel! :rofl: Is it little man syndrome or what.........?

·
Registered
123 Posts
05_HUMBLER said:
Why do people with MAZDA 6's want to race me? What gives? Out of all the guy's that want to race me, people with MAZDA 6's want to race me more than any other???? I dont even want to waste the fuel! :rofl: Is it little man syndrome or what.........?
Haven't you seen the commercial where they are saying the Mazda 6 will fit right in at the Autobahn? :willy:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:agree Dam commercials filling the heads of our corruptible youth.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Funny enough, the commercial just came on again. And I quote,
"Just as much at home in the office parking lot as it is in the fast lane at the Autobahn."
Yeah, I agree... mediocre at either place.

B

·
0 Posts
well, no, lets be fair to mazda, the 6 is probably a good car for a soccer mom or a beginning driver.

It just has no place here for us gearheads and power junkies!

Now the RX8 is a different story!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:agree I'm getting a little tired of these guy's thinking they got something and they dont. I guess that's what I get for haveing the big dog on the porch. Everybody and there brother wants to test 'em

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear ya :cheers There's always someone out there bigger and badder

B

·
0 Posts
not many are meaner than the guy with a 455 TT in his GTO.

'cept for that guy that spent 60k at LPE for the 1400hp package.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not many are meaner than the guy with a 455 TT in his GTO.
DAM :willy: I havent heard about him yet. Got any links or pics? I would like to check that out!

B

·
0 Posts
http://www.motorsporttech.com/print/mti_455gto_brochure01.html

The MTI 455 H.O. Pontiac GTO package consists of the following premium custom machined engine parts and bolt on accessories.

All installation services and dyno tuning are performed at our state of the art facility in Houston, Texas.

7.5 Liter (455 cubic inch) Super-Stroker Includes: 4340 Forged Steel Crank, Billet Steel Connecting Rods, Forged Aluminum Ceramic Coated Pistons, CNC Machined Darton Modular Integrated Deck Sleeved Engine Block. Block is Fully Balanced & Assembled Using Head and Main Studs.
MTI Stage-3 Custom Ported & Polished LS6 Cylinder Heads Includes: Stainless Steel 2.080" Intake & 1.60 Exhaust Valves, Custom Double Valve Springs, Titanium Retainers, and Custom Spring Locators.
MTI Spec Camshaft Developed For Maximum Performance & Reliability
Double Roller Timing Chain Set
Shaft Mounted 1.7 Ratio Roller Rocker Arms
High Flow Air Induction System with Ported and Polished Throttle Body
Stainless Steel 1¾" Long Tube Headers w/ 3" Super High Flow Catalytic Converters
Stainless Steel Dual 3" Mandrel Bent Cat-Back with Polished Oval Tips
High Performance Clutch Upgrade for 6-Speed Cars and Billet Steel Flywheel
MTI Custom Computer Tuning Performed on DynoJet Chassis Dynamometer with Complete Vehicle Computer Recalibration of Engine Rev Limiter, Idle Speed, and Timing & Air / Fuel Maps
Complete Gasket Set Utilizing Head Gaskets, Head Studs,
MTI Hardened Push Rods and All Necessary Fluids & Filters.
MTI Fiberglass Fuel Rail Covers with custom "MTI 455 H.O." Insignia
Professional Installation and Dyno Tuning
2-year/24,000 Mile Limited Engine Warranty

Price?

sit down for this.

PLEASE!

$19,995 thats it!

B

·
0 Posts
Here is some more info.

The MTI 455 H.O. package represents absolute state-of-the art late model GM performance. Imagine 605 horsepower and 610 ft lbs of torque at your disposal in a package defined as "refined aggression" - refined enough to be driven daily, aggressive enough to propel you to high ten second quarter mile times! And MTI is the only source with the proven package in hand to produce this level of GTO performance!

For Automatic Equipped Cars:
High Performance Transmission Upgrade
Higher stall torque converter
Heavy Duty External Transmission Cooler Package
Complete Installation of all Transmission Upgrades
Package Price: $3,540.00

RA-7 Package:
Ram Air Fiberglass Hood Painted Body Color with MTI High Flow Ram Air Intake Package.
Composite 90mm Intake Manifold with 90mm High Flow Billet Aluminum Throttle Body and 90mm Mass Air Flow Sensor. Adds 25-30 horsepower.
Underdrive Crankshaft Pulley Kit. Adds 6-9 horsepower.
Custom Boyd Coddington 18 X 8 Front and 18 X 9 Rear Rallye Wheels w/ 245-45-18 Front and 295-45-18 Rear Michelin Pilot Sport Tires. Includes mounting and computer balancing.
Package Price: $7,495.00

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is unbelievable. I wish I had the $ Thanks for the info.

B

·
0 Posts
sure thing! I think we ALL wish we had the money!!

too bad 6qts only has 15k to spend for mods..... lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts