Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at a friends house tonight, took the gto with me. While sitting around shooting the sh** with my buddies, one of them whom owns the camaro says lets line em up from a dig. i say sure WTH why not, he says he has a few bolt ons, exhaust, headers, but stock cam. so i agree and we go to an empty road, line em up, smoke the tires(were both on street tires). The first run i walked him 1 to 1 1/2 car length ahead entire race. That was with traction control on. So we line it up again for another round, and i turn traction control off....not smart. i spun from first all the way to 4th which cost me that run and i ended up losing. Needless to say we wernt out to kill each other just having fun, and were both running untuned and no racing tires. It was a fun night we were 1-1. Just pis** me off i spun thru every gear, even tapping the gas, letting off....no matter what....i spun. were going out this wednesday night and were gonna line em up but this time im going with tires :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, on street tires all my car does is spin and spin some more. also, my car is so untuned its unbelievable, runs RICH, shift points are off...etc

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I've never spun in gear with my 6M, except in 1st, and its not much to even notice (from a roll obviously), but the marks are there. But I'm all stock except for some weight reductions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not stock though, and it was from a dig not a roll.....hell it would have been murder on him if it would have been from a roll :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
ya, on street tires all my car does is spin and spin some more. also, my car is so untuned its unbelievable, runs RICH, shift points are off...etc
Nice runs. Better to be running rich than lean. :cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts