Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car is in the shop with the front end off. Can someone with a 1968 or 69 please give me the measurement clearence at its closest point between the the grill and the stock radiator? Im concerned my modified, electric hideaway motor may not clear the radiator or its parts once installed. With the measurement I can adjust my hideaway motor as seen in picture now as I have the endura in my possesion
Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
I've got a non-hideaway 69. If I measure from just inboard of the 'middle' headlights, the first thing I come to is the front of the core support, and that's 4.5 inches between the back side of the grille and the core support. (The radiator sits behind the core support). On a/c cars, the condenser will be in front of that, but still may not be "wide" enough so that it's in the same real estate as your motors. How far inboard of the headlight do your motors sit?

Bear

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bear, as a reference my drivers side motor is directly behind the "O"
in the GTO grill badge. My motor sits 4.75" behind the inside of grill. If you were to slide a sitck ruler from the outside above the "O" in the top fin slot I would need just over 5" before the ruler struck any part at all. Symmerty is exact on both sides and I dont have A/C in my car.
Thank you for your assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts