Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody watching the auction in Kissimmee? I thought Barrett Jackson was bad for not showing Pontiacs, but this show is literally a corvette every third vehicle. Pretty sickening...

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Been watching a lot of it this week quite a few times I seen a GTO and a few Trans-Ams on deck they cut to commercial.

Tons of Vettes and Camaros. I think I've seen more Cudas than ever.

Heard some incorrect info on the GTO as well. They refer to the PHS as Pontiac Historical Services quite a few times. The word Pontiac was dropped as part of a settlement between GM and Jim Mattison several years ago. The P is just an initial now. Apparently no one told the announcers.

The announcers are giddy over the Vettes they slobber over them.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
We record them during the day and watch them at night without commercials and fast forward thru the corvettes. Saw one pretty original nice '67 go for 29k. Was not happy to see that. A '65 convertible went for good money but the only other GTO's I have seen were '69 and up. Maybe they will be later since they tend to hold the good cars til later. One thing I have NEVER seen on there is a '55 Safari which I have one. They would probably tear mine up though not knowing what it is.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
We record them during the day and watch them at night without commercials and fast forward thru the corvettes. Saw one pretty original nice '67 go for 29k. Was not happy to see that. A '65 convertible went for good money but the only other GTO's I have seen were '69 and up. Maybe they will be later since they tend to hold the good cars til later. One thing I have NEVER seen on there is a '55 Safari which I have one. They would probably tear mine up though not knowing what it is.

I use the same method with my DVR to avoid "Chevy- and Corvette-overload."

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was at this auction on the 19th. The lot was definitely a sea of Corvettes. There were a few really nice Pontiac's out there as well. My buddy ended up running into his old T/A that he sold back in 1990. It sold for a hell of a lot more than we thought it would. Anyway, was a good time. I recommend going to one if you ever get the chance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Bought my Pontiac there

I went down Thursday, with 5 cars to sell. Three on Friday and Two on Sunday.

I sold the three on Friday and one on Sunday, then picked up a 68 LeMans convertible with GTO badges on it Monday in the "Bid Goes On" lot.:party:

Love the car. I'll post up some pictures in a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts