Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pull up to a light on my late day going into work. I'm on route 66 here in Dallas crossing lake ray hubbard on a bridge. Couple lights down the road I pull up next to a mercedes and get a kinda bad feeling looking at it from behind. So the light goes green and I hit it. I hear a high pitch whine of a supercharger as the mercedes walks past me on my left like I was bothering him. Geez, I need to bolt on some stuff now, I feel kinda left out. The SL55 didn't take kindly to the LS1. Oh well, next time I'll have my headers and flywheel and some other goodies, or maybe I'll just go with the Lingenfelter 6895.00 package. Anyway, good thing I can buy 5 GTO's for what he paid for his AMG, but still doesn't make me content...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Considering that car is making a lot more power than our "wimpy" GTOs, I wouldn't feel soo bad. Just add the bottle to your car, and you'll walk him! It's cheaper than adding headers, a flywheel, and still not beating it!

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Groucho said:
I wouldn't feel bad, dude.

The SL55 is a bad-ass car.
:agree

SL55 AMG

Standard Engine 5.4L 493 hp V8

Torque (lb-ft) 516 @ 2750 RPM

0 - 60 Time 4.47 (seconds)

1/4 Mile Time 12.71 (seconds)

1/4 Mile Speed 116.80

Braking 60 - 0, 127

·
Registered
32 Posts
A friend of mine has a CL55 AMG 493 HP.That Benz would give my Vette a good run,they are fast. My Vette is not stock but a thousand pounds lighter than that Benz. BTW that Benz cost $125,000.

·
Registered
289 Posts
^ Your Vette runs low 12's?????

But yeah, SL55's are nice cars. The SL65's are just ridiculous. I mean 730+ ft lbs.....that's crazy!!

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Dallas?

So I pull up to a light on my late day going into work. I'm on route 66 here in Dallas crossing lake ray hubbard on a bridge. Couple lights down the road I pull up next to a mercedes and get a kinda bad feeling looking at it from behind. So the light goes green and I hit it. I hear a high pitch whine of a supercharger as the mercedes walks past me on my left like I was bothering him. Geez, I need to bolt on some stuff now, I feel kinda left out. The SL55 didn't take kindly to the LS1. Oh well, next time I'll have my headers and flywheel and some other goodies, or maybe I'll just go with the Lingenfelter 6895.00 package. Anyway, good thing I can buy 5 GTO's for what he paid for his AMG, but still doesn't make me content...
How 'bout them cowboys!!!!:party:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had the oppurtunity to drive an SL65 a few times. Its an absolute beast. I wasnt able to give full throttle until i was at about 85 without the traction light coming on. It's stupid fast.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Richard Petty Driving Expierence

A friend of mine has a CL55 AMG 493 HP.That Benz would give my Vette a good run,they are fast. My Vette is not stock but a thousand pounds lighter than that Benz. BTW that Benz cost $125,000.
Back in 1999 I believe, have to check calender, I drove a Richard Petty Driving School Nascar Monte Carlo!!! That was expensive and fast!!:lol:

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
RP Driving Experience School

Thats cool. I always wanted to go to a driving school. Theres no way anyone can have a bad time at one.
Well, the week before I went to Concord North Carolina, now called lowes motor speedway, two students were put into the wall by the instructor!! Now they had an experience!!!:eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
My vette does not run low 12s,never said it did. I only have LT headers,CAI,and a tune.Most likley high 12s but cant say for sure since i havent taken it to the track.I did drive the CL55AMG several times and i would say it could run low to mid 12s.

·
Registered
289 Posts
^ Oh, just curious. I took mid-12 sec car gving you a good run as you being low 12's. If not's that not what you meant, it's cool. I just misinterpreted your post.....

·
Registered
377 Posts
:agree

SL55 AMG

Standard Engine 5.4L 493 hp V8

Torque (lb-ft) 516 @ 2750 RPM

0 - 60 Time 4.47 (seconds)

1/4 Mile Time 12.71 (seconds)

1/4 Mile Speed 116.80

Braking 60 - 0, 127

Where did that 116mph trap speed come from? That would MAYBE be an E55 or CLS55 on their best day, but NOT the heavier SL55. It's worth a try for a stock LS2 GTO and even better for a bolt-on LS2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts