Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The family took a Spring Break vacation to the San Antonio TX area last week and I had the pleasure of spending last Saturday with Rick and his lovely wife.
We talked cars and looked over his '64. He has a NICE solid car to work with and shouldn't find any big surprises when he gets to a complete make-over in a few years. In the mean time, he has a beautiful car to drive, year 'round. I really wish I lived in a climate that allowed that. The temps were in the mid 70's to low 80's the whole week...:cool He also has a very nice Harley to distract his attention..:D

He recently moved to new home too and WOW is all I can say. It, too, is beautiful.

He and Reimy (not sure of the spelling, Rick) his wife, took us to a near by old west town for a delicious lunch in an old gristmill and then sight seeing/shopping in the old Main Street shops. Even my 15 yr old son enjoyed the day and got to try some Red Jalapeños for lunch !! Thanks again for a great day and company, Rick..:seeya:
Here's a pic of us with his car and bike. Rick is the handsome, young guy, on the right..:lol:

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Glad you had a good time, gents. That's what makes the internet worthwhile...forums such as this that allow friendships to form across the miles....And learning a few tips here and there doesn't hurt, either!!
Jeff

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Friends...I gotta tell ya, meeting Mitch and his family was a real treat, plain good folks and a great day to boot. Gotta teach 'em a little about "spicy" Texas food though! One heck of a day and we hope to see them again. :cheers

Just goes to show, "you meet the nicest people in a GTO"! (bet you thought I was gonna say Honda!)

Oh...and Mitch is an out of control motor-head and the handsome "younger" guy on the left! :rofl:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Just goes to show, "you meet the nicest people in a GTO"!

Don't you just love when a plan comes together!! Rick, you are on mine list too. Hoping to do it a show somewhere between Texas & Kansas!!:cheers..Les

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Aww man. You guys were in Gruene! My car isn't ready yet, but I'm right up the road. I should be driving it late this year. See ya around soon. :)

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
soon as i get the new intake/carb bolted up I'm in. life's busy training for the MS150 at the moment, not a bunch of time to turn wrenches.
I thought you lived near Houston. Did you move ?

Aww man. You guys were in Gruene! My car isn't ready yet, but I'm right up the road. I should be driving it late this year. See ya around soon. :)
MaL, I wish I had remembered you are near Austin. It would've been fun to stop in for a bit to say hi and see your project...:( We actually went thru Austin on Friday on the way to Cedar Park for a Circe Du Soleil performance. Traffic SUCKED on I 35 with the music festival going on. We didn't know we were driving into a stand still and crawled for several miles getting to 183. When we left Cedar Park Center, we went West on 1431 to Marble Falls. A little out of the way to avoid I35 but beautiful hill country. The poor 4 banger rental car had a hard time trying to maintain 65 on some of those grades....:lol:

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I'm 5 mins from the Cedar Park center! Haha

I take 1431 when I visit my folks in Marble Falls.
That road used to wind a lot more with no shoulders. They made it safer but not as fun as it used to be. ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
I thought you lived near Houston. Did you move ?
no, but my girlfriend did...so now i find myself in SA quite regularly :D

Probably would be a good idea to sort out my suspension issues before making that trek but sadly (or not so sadly) i spent my tax return on an impromptu trip to seattle and several new guns. have to save some pennies before getting the bushings worked over, and as i'm sure you've seen in the other thread i'm messing around with...still need to find the time to bolt up the new intake/carb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts