Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have inside access to a CNC machine shop. I was thinking of having them FAB up some metal ones maybe with the GTO logo. If I can direct them to this forum to show interest of people wanting to purchase something like this would anyone be interested if the price is decent of course. Give me some feedback. thanks...

·
Registered
97 Posts
If under $20 for 4 then I'm in, especially with the GTO logo. I'm actuall missing one of my screws (rear driver side) and am in need of a replacement... replacing all 4 w/ some quality hardware would be great!

·
Registered
305 Posts
:agree

Thought of this awhile back but don't have the connection to the machine shop you do.

Will take a set for a reasonable price. (Not much more than $20). Obviously, if they're logo engraved I woudn't mind springing for more.

Why they came with those weak-a$$ plastic teeth from the factory is beyond me.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'd buy a set.

Problem is, once you've replaced the weak plastic factory screws, aren't you putting a strong metal screw into weak plastic threads?

·
Registered
305 Posts
BigNick said:
I'd buy a set.

Problem is, once you've replaced the weak plastic factory screws, aren't you putting a strong metal screw into weak plastic threads?
Those are thoughts I try to ignore. Don't want to hear it again k?

:cheers

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I will talk to my shop and get you guys some numbers shortly and try to get some pics of some samples. Thanks for the feeback.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm pretty sure the "threads" in the floor are metal... atleast on the '04s.

I say "threads" because they're not threaded, they're notched so the teeth snap in or hold by friction when the "screw" is turned. I say "screw" because it's not really a screw since there are no threads. That explanation sounds a bit circular but i think it makes sense.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would DEF buy a set!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would buy a set if it's not much more thatn $20. The dealer will replace the plastic ones for free. The only thing that sucks is that they have to order them each time and call you when they come in. If they could make the metal ones with the GTO logo I might spend up to $30 depending on how they look.

·
Registered
80 Posts
jortegasr said:
I would buy a set if it's not much more thatn $20. The dealer will replace the plastic ones for free. The only thing that sucks is that they have to order them each time and call you when they come in. If they could make the metal ones with the GTO logo I might spend up to $30 depending on how they look.
STOP GOING UP IN PRICE!!! :willy: Let's stick to $20 per set!! :cheers

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Interested. Would just want the factory look done in metal, though. Don't need to pimp my ride up with four more GTO logos.

If you notice -- there's no way of inserting the anchor posts so that the indentations always line up -- they point all over the place. Same would apply with anything with a logo on it.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I don't think $20 a set is going to happen. $5 a piece? For three dimensional CNC work out of stainless or aluminum? Uh, no. Then again, if the program is written in a way where 20 or 30 could be done at the same time out of one piece of stock -- your numbers would look better.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts