Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would i be getting into if i was to buy it??? the car has not been run in 5-10 years....what would some ideas be of necessary items needed to be fixed in order to get the car running and in drivign order.......what would be a good offer to purchase the car???? any help would be much appreciated since im new to this area

thanks alot

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
you are going to have to supply a little more info- like why has it not ran in 5-10 years? stored inside or out? what does it look like? is it a rusted bucket of bolts missing everything-or is the car complete and only needs tlc?? pictures will help also

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the car hasnt been run just because they never started it......it was stored in their yard for the past 5 years all tarped and covered up........the ten years prior to that it was in a garage in quincy mass......umm no rust visible on the body.....none that could be seen on the chassis.....bunch of wires hanging from under the dash......no rust in the truck...will try to get pictures soon......all the seats are good condition no rips or tears

thanks Ryan

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Sitting outside on the ground with a tarp to trap moisture is one of the worst conditions to store a car. I would venture to guess the brakes are rusted and possibly seized by now and the steel lines for them and fuel may need replacing as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
With something like that you might as well start the frame off restoration immediately. Not being able to see the car personally I would say you are going to need the brakes completely redone, the gaskets in the engine redone (you might as well rebuild the engine at that point), gas tank fuel line redone as well as the cooling system redone. Then all that stuff will have to come off again when you do a frame off, lot of work to drive a rat rod around for awhile. If your looking for something to drive now the guy I bought my 66 sport coupe from has either a 66 or 67 tri power convert for sale for about $40K.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I grew up in coastal MA and we had a 73 duster that spent it's life in a garage. Still had MAJOR rust issues. Salt air wrecks cars and MA is notorious for that. Get under the thing and poke around, wouldn't suprise me at all to find out the thing's (sadly) a rust bucket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts