Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2005 Scion tc, very nice car. But am very much wanting to get a faster car that i don't have to spend money to make it go faster. Found A beautiful black GTO, for around 25k. HERE is the link to some pics of my Grey tc.....looks nice huh??? http://scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79638

Is the GTO a qaulity ride? Is everyone satisfied?

Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
You'll never get 100% satisfaction in any mass produced car. But the GTO is hands down the best quality car Pontiac has ever sold. You won't be dissapointed with the quality or the performance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I sold my BMW to own a GTO. I have had several feelings about making this move, buyer's remorse is not one of those feelings. There was nothing wrong with the BMW I sold, it was in fantastic shape. For me, the GTO was just that compelling. The GTO is not a direct replacement, but it is a whole lot more fun in a lot of ways. Make the move, I did and I don't regret it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I sold a 300zx twin turbo and a Lexus LS400 (daily driver) for the GTO, and couldn't be happier - the GTO gets decent gas mileage, is comfortable on long trips, and it's fast when you step on the gas (sounds great when you're on the gas too).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome...i am really feeling this car. Instead of dropping 5k on a turbo and other things and then not getting any money back if i tried to sell it is my main problem with the tc. I wanted a fast car and just am getting tired of 170 something horses. Have to talk to the dealership and see about payments. probably be better off, selling my car private and buy the gto fresh.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
96 Posts
thelast60 said:
. I wanted a fast car and just am getting tired of 170 something horses.
No offense, but if you thought that a Scion was going to be a fast car when you first bought it, just wait till you sit in a 05 GTO and hit the gas.
Anyways, it is a wonderful car though. VERY comfortable, excellent ride and I won't even start with the power....you won't be dissapointed! :cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used to have a '92 bonneville, so the tc was quite a upgrade for me. But the money and time going in is too much to do and down the road not getting much out of it except a very fast (hate to say it) ricer type of car.
Well everyone, i am going tommorrow to test drive one and number crunch to make sure i can afford it and my insuarnce, shouldn't be a problem. CAN'T WAIT TO DRIVE IT. :willy: :willy: AND IT WILL BE :cool

·
Registered
163 Posts
I love my GTO, my Fiancee just bought a new scion TC (2006) and I love that too, so now I have one of both cars. I must say that I would be happy with either car. When I was thinking about buying the GTO I couldn't decide between that car and the TC, either performance or economy. They are both awesome cars and it ended up working out that I have both of them now.

One thing about your decision though is that it is not a good thing to trade in a car right away because you will have lost a lot of money on the TC since your payments so far have gone mostly to interest, and the car has depreciated in the year you have had it. So I don't think it is a sound financial decision. I do love my GTO though.

So, uhh, I guess I am not really helping with your dilemma, but they are both good cars, just two different kinds of cars really. :cool

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey BTW, if you end up trading the TC in, let me know if you have any performace parts you want to sell off of it. As I said, I now have one and wouldn't mind picking up a few more horses. My TC(well kind of mine, it will be technically mine after the wedding, of course the GTO will be technically hers too) is also the FLint Mica color, what a cool car, although it is an auto. I guess its cool though, my GTO is a 6 speed, so it is nice to have an auto in case I ever want to just kick back and take it easy on a trip.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you can afford the gas and higher payment...do it. This is the most horsepower for the money! :cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Groucho, a dealer near me was advertising 05 GTOs for $26990 while the employee pricing was going on. He has 2 that he needs to get rid of. Do you think that price is still do-able seeing as the promotion is over? Have people been getting better then this on brand new ones? I also have a certificate for GMID that gets you supplier pricing -1% but I think I may be able to do better on a straight up deal. What are your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
rollover said:
Hey Groucho, a dealer near me was advertising 05 GTOs for $26990 while the employee pricing was going on. He has 2 that he needs to get rid of. Do you think that price is still do-able seeing as the promotion is over? Have people been getting better then this on brand new ones? I also have a certificate for GMID that gets you supplier pricing -1% but I think I may be able to do better on a straight up deal. What are your thoughts.
I'd pick a price you want to pay and hammer them on that price. Doesn't really matter how you get there...$27k seems a very, very good price though. Is that for automatic or 6-speed?

Do some research. Maybe hit up a distant dealer, tell them you've a GMID cert, and, since that's (presumably) a fixed price use that price as a metric.

·
Registered
24 Posts
rollover said:
The key to negotiating when you have an additional discount is to talk them down to where you want, then drop the discount on them. Dont let them know you have it before hand.

·
Registered
41 Posts
soonergto said:
The key to negotiating when you have an additional discount is to talk them down to where you want, then drop the discount on them. Dont let them know you have it before hand.

The problem there is the GMID certificate gets you the supplier price minus about 1% so it's not really something I can drop on them to bring the negotiated price down further. It's kind of a set price with the certificate. Being year end and the fact that GM is hurting right now and especially since ending all the incentives to buy, I would probably have a better chance getting a lower price through negotiations as opposed to the certificate price. The other thing in my favor is the fact that I have 2 dealers with 3 of the exact same cars that I want. I am also starting vacation Sunday so I have 2 weeks to find something. I'm in no rush now. I can walk from the dealership and let them think about the deal for awhile. I figure out the door for under $29k is a pretty good deal. Tax by me is 6% so that means I have to get them down to $27-27.3K

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you everyone....I am now the owner of a 04 black GTO :party: :party: :party: :willy: :willy:

They gave me a exellent deal on my tc, 18k....and they dropped the price of the GTO, only 5k miles, exellent condition. Will post some pics later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.