Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY!

:party:

Had a meeting with [email protected] just now. I have an appointment next week to have a slightly modified version of the Pedders "Street II" suspension package installed along with the (Labor only-->)GMM Rip-Shifter. This includes f&r Hotchkins Sways, Struts/Springs/Shocks and most of the bushings with a 1/2" front, 3/8" rear drop. Mike said they could do it in one day (most likely).

Money? That's the painful part(~$3600) :willy:


Anyone else have the Street II installed?
:cool
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
119 Posts
wow still beating the pavement here huh..i have the street 2..any work done gets done by the shop im running now which is AZPSwest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tha joker said:
wow still beating the pavement here huh..i have the street 2..any work done gets done by the shop im running now which is AZPSwest
Hey Joker! I looked up AZPSwest (in Arizona). Where is your shop? Unless you drive to AZ every week...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
That sounds a bit high for me? Isn't that kit like $1200 bucks from pedders?Bushings $150.00,shifter$300 $1650-1800Parts. Any good Mechanic schould be able too do this in one day!Plus they'll most likely work on it with two guys.He must be charging u $220 per hour!!!! ouch.......I got a quote from West Coast Viper for F/R springs, F/R hotchkins sway bars, schocks, and bushings, labor for install $950.00 Parts were ruffly $1000.00..........Oh yea that included an alignment!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MSTNGKILLA said:
That sounds a bit high for me? Isn't that kit like $1200 bucks from pedders?Bushings $150.00,shifter$300 $1650-1800Parts. Any good Mechanic schould be able too do this in one day!Plus they'll most likely work on it with two guys.He must be charging u $220 per hour!!!! ouch.......I got a quote from West Coast Viper for F/R springs, F/R hotchkins sway bars, schocks, and bushings, labor for install $950.00 Parts were ruffly $1000.00..........Oh yea that included an alignment!!!!!

$1000 for springs/Swaybars/shocks and Bushings? It's hard to believe! Go for it! :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
I replied to your post over at the other board but will put one up here too because Mike and I are at odds over my springs having to be replaced (Street II kit, OEM height springs). When I switched out tires from stock 17's to stock 18's every wheel rubbed like a bitch over the smallest bump. Shop that did the install said they either gave me the wrong springs in the first place or their so-called OEM height springs had collapsed. Mike sent the Pedders Plus One inch for the fronts and Plus One.Five for the rears and now the cars sets at OEM height again. Only problem is he won't pay for the labor......a little over $300 which was VERY reasonable IMO. I spent several grand with Mike and this really disappoints me with him. We'll see if he has a change of heart........

JET
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey there Jet! Sorry to hear about your trouble's. How's it ride now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Robertr2000 said:
Hey there Jet! Sorry to hear about your trouble's. How's it ride now?
Rides like it should have in the first place........thanks for asking. I don't want to "dog" Mike about this because I'm confident had his shop done the install he would have supplied the labor and parts........as it should be. IMO they shouldn't be selling Pedders parts to the general public. They should set up an authorized dealer install network so that people arent' screwed over when their parts fail.........


JET
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
tha joker said:
pm me a list of the pedders parts you want and ill get you a price for azps to do it
Thanks but I'm done with Pedders.........forever.

JET
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
J.E.T. said:
Rides like it should have in the first place........thanks for asking. I don't want to "dog" Mike about this because I'm confident had his shop done the install he would have supplied the labor and parts........as it should be. IMO they shouldn't be selling Pedders parts to the general public. They should set up an authorized dealer install network so that people arent' screwed over when their parts fail.........

JET

Dude I'm really confused... You order Pedders from Mike? and the other shop installed them? Why didn't you just have the other shop buy from Pedders? And then Mike sent you 1" to 1.5" "Higher" springs and NOW it's at stock hieght? Dude!:willy: my head is spinning trying to figure out what could have happened?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Robertr2000 said:
Dude I'm really confused... You order Pedders from Mike? and the other shop installed them? Why didn't you just have the other shop buy from Pedders? And then Mike sent you 1" to 1.5" "Higher" springs and NOW it's at stock hieght? Dude!:willy: my head is spinning trying to figure out what could have happened?
I bought a complete Street II Pedders package from Mike. I also bought a complete 13" Baer brake system at the same time. Took them to my shop for the install (they don't deal with Pedders, only local suppliers). Everything was installed and things were fine until I switched out my stock 17" rims/tires for stock size 18" rims/tires. All four tires would rub over the slightest bad road, nearly ruined one brand new front tire. Took the car back to the shop and after looking things over they said that it looked like the Pedder springs (supposedly OEM height) had "settled" or even "collapsed". That's why the low stance of the vehicle and tire rubbing issues. Contacted Mike and he offered to send the Pedders Plus One inch springs for the fronts and the Plus One.Five inch for the rears. Had my shop switch the springs out and the car now sits at the correct OEM height.....tires clear fine. When I sent the bad springs back to Mike for a refund I also sent the shop's labor bill for the switch out because I didn't feel like I should be the one to pay for the labor. Bill was $374 which I felt was very reasonable, a dealership would have charged twice that. Anyway, Mike now refuses to pay the labor bill and is even saying that the bad springs arent' bad at all.........if that was true, why the hell would I go through all this trouble? So, I'm absolutely done with Mike, Pete, and Pedders in general. I'm advising all people thinking of this mod to go with other suppliers as these guys do not back up their products.
End of story...........


JET
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! Again, I feel for ya! I think my stock springs have settled some, at least in the rear. But I have never rubbed during a turn or a bump or anything. Your car must have been REALLY low, springs must have REALLY settled to have stock sized tires rub.




I'll let you know how mine goes next week. I'm getting the Street II with 3/8" drop in front and 1/2" drop in back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Robertr2000 said:
Wow! Again, I feel for ya! I think my stock springs have settled some, at least in the rear. But I have never rubbed during a turn or a bump or anything. Your car must have been REALLY low, springs must have REALLY settled to have stock sized tires rub.




I'll let you know how mine goes next week. I'm getting the Street II with 3/8" drop in front and 1/2" drop in back.
If I were you I'd go with another brand and supplier........these guys are no good.

JET
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
119 Posts
seems like a common thing you bitchen and crying about all the things that go wrong....you have got to be the biggest baby in the forums..
seems to be a common problem with you...everything you get gets screwed up then you say how ****ty everybody else treats you and that all products suck..you are unreal......

or maybe the problem is you cant install anything right then blame it on everyone else:rofl:

YOU SIR ARE A CRYBABY:seeya:

LETS SEE NOW ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE SUPERCHARGERS IS GARBAGE
http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=9533

and now one of the best suspensions out for our cars is garbage ...hmmm i see you as the common problem...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dropped of the Goat this afternoon. Should be done for me to pick it up tomorrow night. Mike even gave me a rental car! A kickass KIA!:lol: (I've got a squeal for about a minute first am when it's started cold = belt?)



:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
tha joker said:
seems like a common thing you bitchen and crying about all the things that go wrong....you have got to be the biggest baby in the forums..
seems to be a common problem with you...everything you get gets screwed up then you say how ****ty everybody else treats you and that all products suck..you are unreal......

or maybe the problem is you cant install anything right then blame it on everyone else:rofl:

YOU SIR ARE A CRYBABY:seeya:

LETS SEE NOW ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE SUPERCHARGERS IS GARBAGE
http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=9533

and now one of the best suspensions out for our cars is garbage ...hmmm i see you as the common problem...
JAKOR-OFF.........are you stalking me boy? What are you.... queer? Get lost criminal.........nobody wants to hear your drivel. You're a big mouth nobody........oh, AND a criminal. Get lost.........

JET
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think it's time to close this thread... :confused



Jet, I know the Joker, He's a good guy. I've meet with Mike/DMS, he's a good guy too. It does seem like you have bad luck, or maybe it's something else. But venting at people on the forums like this doesn't solve anything.


Peace Bro!!! - r2000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Robertr2000 said:
I think it's time to close this thread... :confused



Jet, I know the Joker, He's a good guy. I've meet with Mike/DMS, he's a good guy too. It does seem like you have bad luck, or maybe it's something else. But venting at people on the forums like this doesn't solve anything.


Peace Bro!!! - r2000

:agree If you'll read my posts carefully I'm not "venting" anything.......simply stating facts. It's the other idiots that want to make this a federal case and for the life of me I don't know why, it's really none of their business. If I can stop one guy from getting ripped off by either of these guys I've done my job. I, too, thought Mike White was a friend, until he owed ME money everything was fine, then the true colors came out. I don't like flaming or silly arguements any more than the rest of the people here. There always is that small minority that has to keep the flames burning. This issue is dead as far as I'm concerned.

JET
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top