Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still thinking about gettin an 04 and either supercharging it or turboing it...

Anyone with one of these setups, what are you averaging for milage these days and how are you driving it respectively for those miles?

I know its not going to help the milage, I was hoping you would only lose about 2 miles per gallon, compared to the stock setup, is this about right or does milage go out the window?

Also, let us know if it is an auto or m6.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
Im still thinking about gettin an 04 and either supercharging it or turboing it...

Anyone with one of these setups, what are you averaging for milage these days and how are you driving it respectively for those miles?

I know its not going to help the milage, I was hoping you would only lose about 2 miles per gallon, compared to the stock setup, is this about right or does milage go out the window?

Also, let us know if it is an auto or m6.

Any help would be much appreciated.
I can speak for my Procharged customer.... he gets 18mpg in city and upper 20's on hwy, ask DFWGTO about turbo (he's one of my customers as well), he loves it! :cheers

·
Registered
170 Posts
It will truely depend on HOW you drive the car. Sure, normal MPG can be had, but you won't be having any fun with it.

SC should drink a bit more gas overall, due to the fact that the engine is working harder.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Superchargers will only us more gas when there is boost. Don't romp and you won't be using boost, thus meaning nearly same gas mileage as stock... When you do romp, you will notice it drinking your gas.

** Nore I don't have a SC GTO, I have a GTP... I would assume the concept is the same for every SC'd car, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.