Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought or used a mishimoto or griffin alum radiotor for these cars and if so which one fits better? 2006 M6. Plastic end tank is cracked in mine and has been repaired before. Looking for something more durable but easily replaced.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
Not sure about the Mishimoto but the Griffin is an inch thicker and doesn't work well with the Svede or Vararam if you ever upgrade to one of those. I'm on year 9 with my stock plastic tank unit. If it ever went I'd go with a lifetime warranty drop in for $200. It's a easy job to replace one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I actually do plan on getting an OTRCAI but cooling comes first. aluminum rad for these are really scarce.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Don't buy Mishi. They are a local company and I've seen their products first hand. Made in China and very inconsistent quality.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright. i saw where their hq was in DE. that helps a lot too!! thanks again!! wish there were more options for this issue.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
The cheap $150 ones work just fine and some even have lifetime warranty. I had a Silla in mine and it was issue free and worked just as good as stock.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
If it was a part like a slave that's a day's job and a PITA to do the best would be well worth it. Like I said for a part that you can get cheap, in most cases lasts a long time, works great, you can get a lifetime warranty and is easy to swap I really don't see the need to go big bucks on one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts