Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st real rain that I have driven the GTO in. Seems the wiper blades are held by a small clip on either end. Loose the clip and the blade lets the wiper arm touch the glass. I now have nice arching scratch. You might check yours.

I really don't want them to change the windshield. You can barely feel the scratch, can this be buffed? Anyone know? I am taking it in to get the door suade re-glued this week anyway, will get the dealer's opinion.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
There are companies which specialize in fixing stone chipped windshields that may be able to help you out with your scratch. Check the yellow pages, contact windshield replacement centers, or if you know somebody cool at your dealer -- ask them as they frequently come in an fix stuff on trade ins. Thanks for the heads up on the loose clips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a friend who has a Dr. Vinyl business and they fix windshields all the time and come to you. Look one up in your area. It should be about $30.
Good Luck.
:cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
There are companies which specialize in fixing stone chipped windshields that may be able to help you out with your scratch. Check the yellow pages, contact windshield replacement centers, or if you know somebody cool at your dealer -- ask them as they frequently come in an fix stuff on trade ins. Thanks for the heads up on the loose clips.
:agree :cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts