Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my wife and I were out running errands when we came upon a Phantom Black 04 GTO just like mine. The rear bumper had scuffs all over it and he had a few dents in the quarter panel and a huge one in the hood. It made me so pissed off that I wanted to flag him over and start yelling at him. :mad: My wife had to calm me down by telling me to breathe deep. I don't know if its just me or has anyone else experienced this and if so, were you totally pissed or am I just an anal idiot...:shutme

·
Registered
271 Posts
I havent even seen another goat with as much as a smudge on the door. If I saw that, I think I might have puked! People like that should not be allowed to own this fine automobile! my $.02

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have an o4 GTO.
It is the only car I own.
It is clean maybe 6 days a month eventhough it lives in a garage.
It has a dent in the right front quarter panel thanks to some person at a hockey game trying to occupy space I was allready parked in.
The plastic panel on the trunk just above the license plate is broken thanks to some nice person at a supermarket.
Do I deserve to own this car? YES.
If you do not like any of this send me money to cover the repairs and a rental car and the time I will miss from work.
Other wise life happens in ways you have no control over and your being negative about someone else whom you do not know or their circumstances is just lame.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've seen a couple of goats with some damage. I've accumulated some scratches from inconsiderate A-holes, but no dents yet. I get so pissed when I find damage on my cars that I want to break some bones. :mad:

Don't assume the owners are responsible for these battle scars. There are folks that don't give a crap about anyone else's property.

·
Registered
228 Posts
There is a guy in my apt. complex who also has a '04 Phantom Black M6. I have NEVER seen this car clean. It looks like he uses it like it's a Saturn or something. I like to park next to him when mine is sparkling clean.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Worked on a red 05 that had a sh!tload of dog hair matted to a heavily armor-alled interior. GROSS!!:eek:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I had a Geo Metro that was a company car. I drove more than Groucho, averaging about 1500 miles a week. It got waxed several times per year. It was always clean and dent and scratch free. I just don't understand why people don't take care of something as expensive as a car. Even a cheap thing like a Geo. Really people judge you by how you look. Part of that is the appearance of your clothes and your car. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I drove my GTO all through the Indiana Winter. I looked pretty bad with the salt, and grime on the paint this winter, but now that it has warmed up, I washed it and Zaino'd. It looks like new again. My GTO is my daily driver, so I do drive it in the snow.

·
Registered
850 Posts
My goat is my daily driver too...it's getting to be pollen season down here so I wash her at least once a week, wax every two weeks, and heavy detail once a month (I'm a little [email protected]!)...I can't stand the sight of a beautiful car that isn't properly taken care of! It is a serious pet peave of mine!:mad:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've only seen a few goats around town--almost all 04s. One was kind of banged up on one side, but I don't know the circumstances.

I avoided purchasing a black goat myself because my previous car (black) would never look clean. I'd wash it, and it would look pretty, then within 1-3 days it would be back to looking like I hadn't washed it. And when it looked dirty, it looked dirty. So pretty much, unless you had seen my Camaro on wash day, people probably thought I never washed it. :(

As to body damage--one thing to consider is that some people's insurance will increase if they use it to cover damage. Also, I know one person who made insurance claims every time his truck got a door ding or paintchip, and his insurance company ended up cancelling his policy for too many claims. So there may be circumstances about that damage you see.

At the same time, I don't like to see nice cars given to those who don't appreciate them--ie, some rich parents buying a nice car for their kid, who then abuses the heck out of it, etc.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey its Sunday, I'm at work.....again. Guess I cant do a detail today.
Too bad I dont live in Fla or Ca or somewhere where it is warmer than 40 degrees as a high for the day.
Insurance, yes I ahve lots of it and at a reasonable rate. Too bad parking lot damage falls under the higher deductable portion of anyones policy. That and a claim is a claim, there goes a ten year no claim deduction to my premium.
Ltes see new wheels, tires and Konis for the comming autocross season or body work? The dents stay for a while.
Your first impression? Don't care for a number of reasons.
Don't judge a book by its cover.
Judge ye not least ye be judged.
Something about throwing the first stone.
I'm over 50 and have figured out how meaningless first impression are over time.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Don said:
Hey its Sunday, I'm at work.....again. Guess I cant do a detail today.
Too bad I dont live in Fla or Ca or somewhere where it is warmer than 40 degrees as a high for the day.
Insurance, yes I ahve lots of it and at a reasonable rate. Too bad parking lot damage falls under the higher deductable portion of anyones policy. That and a claim is a claim, there goes a ten year no claim deduction to my premium.
Ltes see new wheels, tires and Konis for the comming autocross season or body work? The dents stay for a while.
Your first impression? Don't care for a number of reasons.
Don't judge a book by its cover.
Judge ye not least ye be judged.
Something about throwing the first stone.
I'm over 50 and have figured out how meaningless first impression are over time.
Now, some one in your case, I can understand....but I live in a climate that there really is no reason to be driving around in an unkept car. To me, the GTO is a work of art and should be treated as such. Like I said, my GTO is my daily drive...it goes through all of the same conditions as other vehilces in FL but if you care for your vehicle properly, it should stay new looking for the life of the car. You live in an unforgiving climate (I have friends who live in South Bend and visit often) and I can see how it can be VERY difficult to keep your car looking new. Not only do you have snow, ice, different season, but even your roads are different. Dodging deer, trees, hilly terrain...all of that plus the summer weather can reek havic on your car...

No one is judging you...I understand. I just don't understand those that have these cars in the same state that I live in that don't keep up there vehicle.

BTW...I'm at work too...:D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GOATGIRL said:
Now, some one in your case, I can understand....but I live in a climate that there really is no reason to be driving around in an unkept car. To me, the GTO is a work of art and should be treated as such. Like I said, my GTO is my daily drive...it goes through all of the same conditions as other vehilces in FL but if you care for your vehicle properly, it should stay new looking for the life of the car. You live in an unforgiving climate (I have friends who live in South Bend and visit often) and I can see how it can be VERY difficult to keep your car looking new. Not only do you have snow, ice, different season, but even your roads are different. Dodging deer, trees, hilly terrain...all of that plus the summer weather can reek havic on your car...

No one is judging you...I understand. I just don't understand those that have these cars in the same state that I live in that don't keep up there vehicle.

BTW...I'm at work too...:D

:agree I live in maryland I have snow ice etc. I just try to take good care of my car. I avoid parking near people who don't care about their cars.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.