Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to work Monday night, when I spotted a BMW M3 at a stop light. I'm sure it was one of the current V8 M3s. We were going different directions, but ended up meeting again on the interstate. As he noticed me pass him at a normal pace, he decided he wanted to play. As prepared to get side by side, I saw my worst fear. A TN Highway Patrol car facing the direction we were traveling. When I saw him I was doing 85mph in 4th gear. With the exhaust note louder than normal (cruising in 6th), we passed him. Nothing. Once he was out of sight, it was on. We took off from an 80mph roll. The GTO pulled ahead. The M3 stayed even after that. I got a long look at his headlights through the passenger window. We went again. Same result. After that, my exit was approaching, but he still wanted more. I couldn't. I had to go to work.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I beat an M3 a couple months ago that I posted in another thread but had to pull 160 to it I guess the 20's he was rolling on slowed him down :rofl: If he could drive he would have won. But a wins a win :cool

B

·
0 Posts
20's on a beemer? HUGE loss in rolling resistance, probably knocked a second off his time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
They were 20's and they were really sweet looking but way to much resistance they must steal so much HP. :willy: But if you got money who cares he will proberly buy something to counter the problem the wheels make :rolleyes: Rich S.O.B

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I love BMWs. Great cars. They are getting a bit too technoloveydovey for even my tastes, but still some of the best-engineered cars on Earth. Still belong to the BMW CCA, and will up my membership next time around.

However-- While not cheap, it takes way less after-the-sale money to bring a Holden/GTO up close to BMW handling standards than it does to bring the power of the far more expensive M3 to even stock '04 Holden/GTO levels. Thousands less.

I'm not sure about where you live, but around here in Southern / Central California a 330i is a sure way to blend into the me-too crowd, while a GTO / Holden gets noticed.

When I've got more coin on hand, someday, it may come down to a Bimmer M6 vs Porsche Carrera 4S desision...but in the meantime I'd rather be different in my Holden. It's seeing all these SoCal blingtard (I just made that word up, and I'm keeping it!) types driving very capable performance cars but remaining blissfully ignorant and oblivious to their performance potential...it makes me crazy.

B

·
0 Posts
its 20k more than the goat. and yes, that kinda loot could buy you the 455 from MTI, with ALL the extra crap.

B

·
0 Posts
brakes are a good thing, yes. The MTI package is for those that have more money than sense though. Besides, who wouldnt want a 600hp NA ride that is daily driveable?

·
Registered
312 Posts
600... for 20K this babay would slung for for the nastiest corners,able to stop on a dime(maybe even pick it up) and put down over 600 at the wheels :cool

1 - 20 of 70 Posts