Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to get some gas when I pulled up to a stop sign, A Camaro was coming from my right, He saw me and proceeded to launch his car getting sideways in the process, I went ahead and pulled out behind him for a closer look staying behind him, Every intersection we came to he would get on it fish tailing, I could tell he had a cam and exhaust work done, Looked like it ran pretty good to, After about 4 intersections we came up on a red light, I pulled over to the right lane next to him, I noticed then it was a SS Z28 with some sticky tires, I'm on the stock radials and new if I launched my car hard I would just go up in smoke, I figured I would let him go first if he wanted to race, Sure enough he went, I left under mild acceleration so I wouldn't go up in smoke, I let him out about 4 car lengths before I mashed the accelerator to the floor, Good thing because my car jumped half way over in his lane, I lifted alittle to regain control and get back over in my lane, I shot around him like he was in reverse and put about 4 bus lengths on him before hitting the brakes hard to make my turn into the BP station, On the way home I ran into him on a side street a few blocks from my house, He flagged me down to talk and see what all was done to my car, He said word around town was that my car was fast, And he didn't think I would race because I was scared to race on the street, He said he had raced a 05 GTO and a LS2 corvette and beat both rather easily, I asked him if he had been to the track with his car, He said yes that it ran 13.2's in the quarter, I said I go every weekend and invited him to the track to race again, I also confirmed that his car had a cam, full exhaust, drag radials, intake, and tune from speed inc, Mine just has a few bolt ins and runs mid 7's in the 1/8 mile, I joked with him and told him to stay away from lightly modded GTO's and then I was on my way home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts