Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot post any photos. after manage attachments, browse, upload, I get the message "exceeds size limit by 85.5 kb" - The whole photo is 85.5k

I look down at what it says I "can" do, and attachments is allowed.

???????????????????
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I have my pics sitting on a server and just link to it from there. If you want, I can host your images and you can link to them from my site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I read in the help section about free hosting, but on "other" forums, you only need to updload directly into your post, then link from there. This looks to be the same, so I'm wondering what's wrong?
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
could be how they have it set up for file attachments, or their may be a glitch in the FTP server your uploading to.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,142 Posts
WEDJ said:
I cannot post any photos. after manage attachments, browse, upload, I get the message "exceeds size limit by 85.5 kb" - The whole photo is 85.5k

I look down at what it says I "can" do, and attachments is allowed.

???????????????????
The attachment in my above post is over 500k, I use a picture host and use the img tags for my pictures. The forum's gallery can also be used as your host, but you will have to use the url in the properties of the pic.

What is the actual size of your picture? width X height?
What is the extension of the pic? JPG, Bmp or GIF?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
05GTO said:
The attachment in my above post is over 500k, I use a picture host and use the img tags for my pictures. The forum's gallery can also be used as your host, but you will have to use the url in the properties of the pic.

What is the actual size of your picture? width X height?
What is the extension of the pic? JPG, Bmp or GIF?
JPG, 89k, 1600x1200

I'll try the gallery.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,142 Posts
Here is your picture resized to 600 X 450, 600 pixels wide is the perfect size for posting in forums, larger will be difficult for those using dial-up and will distort the thread. I noticed you used the thumbnail script furnished by Imageshack. They provide you with the required tags for posting and usually that's all you need. I always use the direct link and provide the tags needed.

here is the script for the below picture, I added the stars (*) in the tags, remove the stars and this script will place your pic in the center of a post.

[*center][*img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1623/wedj1kp2ai.jpg[*/img][*/center]

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
05GTO said:
Here is your picture resized to 600 X 450, 600 pixels wide is the perfect size for posting in forums, larger will be difficult for those using dial-up and will distort the thread. I noticed you used the thumbnail script furnished by Imageshack. They provide you with the required tags for posting and usually that's all you need. I always use the direct link and provide the tags needed.

here is the script for the below picture, I added the stars (*) in the tags, remove the stars and this script will place your pic in the center of a post.

[*center][*img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1623/wedj1kp2ai.jpg[*/img][*/center]

Thanks a lot..... :cheers
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top