Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!

I am on the hunt for my mom's '67 GTO. She sold it to her brother David back in 1979 and he ended up selling it to a William Klein in 1982. I have attached the last title we had for the car. I am finally old enough (27) to start looking for it and try to buy it for her or just figure out if it's still moving! She ended up selling it because she had her first child in '79. If anyone knows about it please feel free to PM me!

1967 GTO
Signet Gold w/ Black vinyl top.
400ci engine
Hurst "His & Hers" shifter

VIN# 242177p316211

I have attached the pictures of the title, please look and let me know!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You might post whether it had factory AC or not, that's something many of us remember & is not that easy to duplicate or Or properly delete. I've had two '67 GTO's that exact color combo that were factory AC cars, both were Kansas City builds, not Pontiac plant builds, so can't help you there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it did have factory A/C! But her brother (my uncle Dave) removed it for less weight. I believe we still have the factory A/C at my grandparents house in Largo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
UPDATE

I searched the Florida database today and came along some great information. Apparently it was registered in 2015 and is now red! So the car is still floating out there in Florida. If anyone knows information please contact me or the owner! I would at least like to know where its gone. I may even trade my 63' corvette for it

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Don't know if they will help, but you might ask Pontiac Historic Services if anyone with that VIN has obtained their usual docs. They likely will not tell you who asked, but they might be willing to pass along your info to whomever they the sent stuff to, and if that person still has the car, they might contact you. Like the saying goes, if you don't ask, the answer is always no. You might want to buy the info on the car anyway, just to get the build sheet, etc. I don;t think PHS would car if you own the car or not......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PHS told me that the new owner in 2015 did order the documentation that year after purchasing the car. They apparently do not save the contact information though. If anyone in the forums knows of someone in Florida who purchased a GTO in 2015 please let me know! Thank you guys!

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Best of luck with your search. If not already,you might want to join the GTO Assn of America (GTOAA) GTO Association of America

They have an extensive classified ad section in their monthly magazine The Legend where you can post what info you have and the current owner or someone else will probably contact you.

·
Registered
212 Posts
How exciting your out searching for the GTO your Mother once owned, I hope your able to locate and able to own it once again. I have nothing to offer as far as helping your search. Good Luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts