Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for someone to install a state of the art moonroof on my GTO. I heard of this one that has a sensor that detects water and closes the moonroof once water starts to fall on the windshield. I also was thinking of placing the button right next to the T/C button as it looks like something was intended to go there. (I looked at the Aussie version it was for a wireless phone doo hicky) I wonder if they can find the same buttons as the windows so that it looks factory installed.

Anyone have any suggestions?
:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I HEARD THAT PUTTING IN A SUNROOF MIGHT CAUSE STRUCTURE DAMAGE TO THE CAR. BUT THAT WAS FROM A DEALER. I WOULD CHECK TO MAKE SURE U CAN BECAUSE I DO REMEMBER THE DEALER SAYING TO ME THAT I WOULD LOSE SOME OF THE RIGIDITY THAT THE CAR PROVIDES IN HANDLING AND SPEED, AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY IT DOES NOT COME WITH A SUNROOF.. :confused :confused :confused

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check out scissors' car. He has a sunroof. Plus I've seen other cars on here with sunroofs. Webasto makes one for the GTO. And if I understand right, the Monero offers sunroofs as an option so there shouldn't be a problem with structural rigidity I wouldn't think. It's the one thing other than a kickin stereo that I'm seriously interested in getting. Well, that and another 100hp wouldn't hurt either. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I saw that the Monaro has the option for the Moonroof. I wonder why not in the states. Maybe they are waiting until the '06 in order to try and market it even further. I really doubt it does anything to the speed and rigidity.

·
Registered
143 Posts
mGTO04 said:
Had to have a moonroof...the controls are in the headliner, and they did a great job. Does not appear to have impacted the structural rigidity...adds a lot to the car.
m
How tall are you? I'm 6'1" and already have to duck to get in and out. I'd love a sunroof but don't want my head cramped against the ceiling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.