Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a question for you all... Had the goat moving at about 145mi/hr and (not that I could hear anything but the engine) the CD player went from playing a CD to "scan" mode of the CD's? I didn't notice it, of course until I slowed down. I know I didn't touch anything, unless I was convulsing in excitement!! Anyone else have anything like this happen? (I don't hit 145 that often due to the 5-0, lights, traffic, etc., but it was fun!)

·
Registered
937 Posts
I think in your 2nd to 3rd gear romp your ape-like knuckles hit the buttons on the radio directly in front of the shifter. I have done it myself in an over-zealous shift.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! Although you did make me look twice at my knuckles!! :lol:
Good explanation. Sorry bout the stupid question. It makes sense now!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Souds like you might have a loose connection on your radio. When your radio is removed and pushed back in, it does an auto scan as soon as its plugged back in. Just push in on it and that should fix your prob. If not reset it by pulling it out completely and check your connections, then reinstall.

·
Registered
254 Posts
? not that I've done this, but I heard that a person got there GTO up tp 125mph at which time a little circle appeared on the digital speedo around the 125, what's this ???

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yeah, it's the overspeed indicator. I set mine to 90 since I like to drive conservatively. It's a good way to remind me that I'm approching jailtime speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts