Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm finally realizing I'm not the only GTO on the road around here. I stopped off to fill up at the Herculaneum QT, and was just about topped off when what did I see at the end pump? A beautiful blond filling up her red '04 :eek: I pulled over next to her, and said, "Nice car!"

As she turned around, she said, "Thanks!" and then got that startled look on her face (hopefully not because of my looks :lol: ), and she said, "Hey, yours too!"

I guess I should have stopped and talked a bit, but I had a steak that needed to get in the fridge, and besides...if she and I became friends, I think my wife would make me sell the car :D Just kiddin'. I'm in my 20th year of our honeymoon, and my wife knows I'd never leave her for any woman...even if she does drive a GTO.

Yesterday, I had a LOT on my mind, and was at the end of our road (Victoria Road) waiting to turn left on to MO 67 when a blue car was turning in real slow. Daydreaming, I didn't realize until it was too late that it was an IB Goat. They probably thought I was a jerk for not even acknowleging them, but I just realized it too late. Oh well...hopefully we will meet up again.

It still cracks me up the attention I get with this car. I didn't think it would, and that's good for me because I generally don't like attention, but I have to admit I LOVE IT! What a sweet ride.

Gerry

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Saw another today - a yellow 04. They were out riding around in their new car...didn't even have plates yet. They were suprised to see me pull up on their right side and start waving.

I think I'm going to print up a little sign that says GTOForum.com to let them know we're here.

·
Registered
273 Posts
ShoddyHog said:
Saw another today - a yellow 04. They were out riding around in their new car...didn't even have plates yet. They were suprised to see me pull up on their right side and start waving.

I think I'm going to print up a little sign that says GTOForum.com to let them know we're here.
:agree will do the same

·
Registered
273 Posts
ShoddyHog said:

yesterday I left the web site on a gto next to where I work, he signed up same day. thats cool. still yet to find the ba**s to leave a note on this yellow gto that belongs to a police man. that car is next to my work also. any hoot. good idea thanx.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
burnz said:
yesterday I left the web site on a gto next to where I work, he signed up same day. thats cool. still yet to find the ba**s to leave a note on this yellow gto that belongs to a police man. that car is next to my work also. any hoot. good idea thanx.
That's cool...hell, I feel lucky when I see one on the road around here, much less parked. That's a good though...just buy some cheap card stock and run it through my printer with my handle on the forum. I might even be able to fenagle a pic of my car on it :cool

Maybe all the Goats in St. Louis can gather in Forrest Park or somewhere else this fall for some pictures and maybe a cruise.

Gerry

·
Registered
273 Posts
ShoddyHog said:
That's cool...hell, I feel lucky when I see one on the road around here, much less parked. That's a good though...just buy some cheap card stock and run it through my printer with my handle on the forum. I might even be able to fenagle a pic of my car on it :cool

Maybe all the Goats in St. Louis can gather in Forrest Park or somewhere else this fall for some pictures and maybe a cruise.

Gerry
:agree I'd be up for a run down there, as long as I have the time . st. louis Is't that far from me. would be the sh** if their was a big meet. thanx agian for the idea.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
burnz said:
:agree I'd be up for a run down there, as long as I have the time . st. louis Is't that far from me. would be the sh** if their was a big meet. thanx agian for the idea.
Well, I've been thinking about it, but with the new job I'm working quite a bit. I've thought that there would be several places to just meet for pics, and then provide gathers the option to either go on a cruise to a destination through Sotheastern MO or Southern IL in the fall colors. There are a few festivals and "October Fest" like celebrations that might be good final targets.

If anyone wants to PM me, I have some ideas. Don't know how much time I will have to help because of the OT. We can just make it a simple gathering for a picture the first year too ;-) K.I.S.S.

Gerry

·
Registered
273 Posts
ShoddyHog said:
Well, I've been thinking about it, but with the new job I'm working quite a bit. I've thought that there would be several places to just meet for pics, and then provide gathers the option to either go on a cruise to a destination through Sotheastern MO or Southern IL in the fall colors. There are a few festivals and "October Fest" like celebrations that might be good final targets.

If anyone wants to PM me, I have some ideas. Don't know how much time I will have to help because of the OT. We can just make it a simple gathering for a picture the first year too ;-) K.I.S.S.

Gerry
:cool sound good, have a bit of time start some thing up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey guys,

I live here in Ballwin, Missouri and have had my 04 now for a whopping 2 days. I would be TOTALLY down for a Forest Park meet or whatever,

Let me know if this happens.

Mike
04 Phantom Black,
Black and red interior

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.