Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know if the seats (all surfaces including headrests) are completely upholstered with leather, or is it just the "seating surfaces", as some manufacturers state?

Also, I really like the the appearance of the leather...the orange peel texture and the matte finish...versus buttery smooth and glossy. I have used Lexol in the past to clean and condition smooth leather, but never on the upholstery found in our GTOs. Do you think leather care products like Lexol, Zaino or Griot's will change the appearance in any way?

·
Registered
33 Posts
It Is Leather

I Am In The Leather Business So I Can Tell You That All Surfaces Are Leather! I Have Never Seen Such A Wide Use Of Leather In An Automobile As Our Goats!

Whether Smooth Or Grainy, Such As Ours, Any Of The Commercially Available Leather Treatments Will Work. The Key To Cleanliness And Longevity Is To Keep The Leather Supplied With Nutrients To Keep The Fibers From Drying Out. A Good Cleaner And Preservative Will Also Make You "slide" Over The Leather Rather Than "drag" Over It Causing Surface Wear.

Do Not Put Anything On The Suede Door Inserts Or Under The Dash!!!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
BARONGTO said:
I Am In The Leather Business So I Can Tell You That All Surfaces Are Leather! I Have Never Seen Such A Wide Use Of Leather In An Automobile As Our Goats!

Whether Smooth Or Grainy, Such As Ours, Any Of The Commercially Available Leather Treatments Will Work. The Key To Cleanliness And Longevity Is To Keep The Leather Supplied With Nutrients To Keep The Fibers From Drying Out. A Good Cleaner And Preservative Will Also Make You "slide" Over The Leather Rather Than "drag" Over It Causing Surface Wear.

This is good information- -

·
Registered
415 Posts
BARONGTO said:

Great info! Thank you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Flyer 469

Saddle Soap Is Fine. Again, The Key Is Not To Overdo It. Best To Put Some Directly On A Soft Cloth And Rub It In Gently. If You Put Too Much On It, You Are Wasting It And Going To Ruin Your Clothes! Saddle Soap Keeps The Fibers From Drying Out Just Fine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
BARONGTO said:
Flyer 469

Saddle Soap Is Fine. Again, The Key Is Not To Overdo It. Best To Put Some Directly On A Soft Cloth And Rub It In Gently. If You Put Too Much On It, You Are Wasting It And Going To Ruin Your Clothes! Saddle Soap Keeps The Fibers From Drying Out Just Fine.
thanks for the info! With you in the business, what is the best and why?

Thanks again

·
Registered
33 Posts
I Have Used Lexol And Meguier's Equally As Well. As Long As You Do Not Use Too Much At A Time, Most Commercially Available Cleaners/conditioners Will Be Just Fine. And Don't Overdo It Either. Maybe No More Than Once A Month For A Daily Driver, Every Two Months For An Occasional Driver. Hope This Helps. Enjoy The Ride!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.